Sign in to follow this  
Addex (DayZ)

More Protection and Cover

A cover system would be awesome.  That being said, I'm guessing it's very difficult, if not impossible to implement on this engine.  Even most games, that are built from the ground up with a cover system, struggle.  It almost always seems to be glitchy, or problematic at times.  So I'm afraid that this will probably never be seen in DayZ.

I think locking yourself into cover wouldn't fit the game. Any way you can lean so you make use of what cover you have.

• Like 1

I'm not trying to be a butt here, but let's keep the cover system childish gameplay on console.  It's not meant for DayZ.

I think locking yourself into cover wouldn't fit the game. Any way you can lean so you make use of what cover you have.

I'm going to quote myself here but I saw someone post some where else the arma 3 stances and they look pretty good for making the most of cover they had prone, kneeling, standing and two transitions between prone and kneeling and two between kneeling and standing not too sure how you control it in game but it would be good if you find yourself behind something which is between heights.

I don't know what kind of server everyone is playing on, but I just don't have that many intense firefights to see a use for this.  But like I said before, it's not for DayZ.

I think an Arma 3 system is alriht for Dayz, Although I dont know what would really be wrong with a cover system anyway, as everyone knows that it works best and was first really used in fps on PC's before consoles

I think an Arma 3 system is alriht for Dayz, Although I dont know what would really be wrong with a cover system anyway, as everyone knows that it works best and was first really used in fps on PC's before consoles

I just highly doubt that even 20% of people who are interested in the realism of DayZ will have any interest whatsoever in a cover system.

• Like 1

I just highly doubt that even 20% of people who are interested in the realism of DayZ will have any interest whatsoever in a cover system.

Yeah they may not have an interest, but there it isn't a bad idea either and that it would work, it would just depend how easy it is to use and how much people would use it

I don't know what kind of server everyone is playing on, but I just don't have that many intense firefights to see a use for this. But like I said before, it's not for DayZ.

I very rarely get into combat because I use cover well and see what's around me also if I do find myself wanting to take that shot and I miss I want to present the smallest target possible. Just my opinion but as it's a sand box game the more options the better though as I said before I think locking into cover or sliding in is a bit excessive there should be some level of skill. A deeper cover system would be a nice option to have even if every one didn't use it.

Edited by Ratter

If any formal cover system were to be introduced I would ask that it be like the Last of Us cover system. You character will automatically lean up against cover if you are next to some. Allows for very free flowing movement because it does not require you to lock onto cover and it is more realistic.

Edited by Thatshaneboy