Addex (DayZ)

Handcuffing people to something

Handcuffing people to items, e.g fences.  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Should this be added to the game?

• Yes
    • In future
    • Maybe
    • No
  2. 2. Would it make the game better/ funnier?

• Yes
    • No
    • A lot
    • A bit

I like the idea A LOT but voted for "no" though.

The reason is simple:

If people would use it for some roleplay (not the kinky kind) or tactical maneuvers I'd be totally up for it, but judging the community from the experiences I've made ingame I only see people handcuffing other people to some object, strip them, and then run away laughing, leaving that said person behind, maybe fully hydrated and fed having to wait hours for the charakter to die off dehydration or starving.

Unless there ever will be a "suicide" button (what I really hope never will get implemented) this would fuck up peoples gaming experience a lot, because some people just might not want to have to wait hours to play the game/ for a respawn because they are handcuffed to some object and can't kill themselves and no one even bothers to free them.

Edited by daisho

Wh

The reason is simple:

If people would use it for some roleplay (not the kinky kind) or tactical maneuvers I'd be totally up for it, but judging the community from the experiences I've made ingame I only see people handcuffing other people to some object, strip them, and then run away laughing, leaving that said person behind, maybe fully hydrated and fed having to wait hours for the charakter to die off dehydration or starving.

Unless there ever will be a "suicide" button (what I really hope never will get implemented) this would fuck up peoples gaming experience a lot, because some people just might not want to have to wait hours to play the game/ for a respawn because they are handcuffed to some object and can't kill themselves and no one even bothers to free them.

When you are handcuffed, you can free yourself by wiggling around (with "lean to the side" keys). What you are talking about can already be done in the current state of the game but you can free yourself very quickly (haven't had the opportunity to try but that's how it's intended to work)

• Like 1

*cough* what about to say vehicles or would that be a little too far? also what about to each other you could drag a prisoner around or daisy chain them together, nothing more fun then a conga line at gun point.

The game must be playble for all..

You are a newbye spawned on the coast, get spotted from brigands they catch and tie you to a fence in a city completly clean from zeds.. they go away leaving you there, you can't make another character cause you are still alive, so you can't do anything util the server reset and some zed may spot and kill you.. that maybe need hours.. Wow! that's really funny and very cool.

If you can respawn when handcuffed to something will become usless, so the idea it's realistic but unplayble in a game specially for people that have few hours one or two evening a week to play 

So my vote is: NO

Edited by JKS-Alex

The game must be playble for all..

You are a newbye spawned on the coast, get spotted from brigands they catch and tie you to a fence in a city completly clean from zeds.. they go away leaving you there, you can't make another character cause you are still alive, so you can't do anything util the server reset and some zed may spot and kill you.. that maybe need hours.. Wow! that's really funny and very cool.

If you can respawn when handcuffed to something will become usless, so the idea it's realistic but unplayble in a game specially for people that have few hours one or two evening a week to play 

So my vote is: NO

I'd imagine you'd still be able to wriggle out the same you can now, it would just mean you'd be stuck in one place, you can only walk with cuff's on right now so it's not like your going anywhere fast.

i think the purpose of handcuff is just to check the equip of players whitout kill 'em. not to make some kind of bullying gameplay, i suppose you can always logout when you are tied right? So i can't see the utility to waste other people time more then necessary..

i think the purpose of handcuff is just to check the equip of players whitout kill 'em. not to make some kind of bullying gameplay, i suppose you can always logout when you are tied right? So i can't see the utility to waste other people time more then necessary..

If you log out while cuffed, it kills you. So NEWP.

If you log out while cuffed, it kills you. So NEWP.

Ok then what's the purpose? As written elsewhere if i'm in grp with friends and you take one of my m8 as hostage i can always give him a new equip if he die so i can't really uderstand the utility of handcuffing someone to something apart bullying, make ppl die slowly (u can easly do it whit a gunshot) or wasting time of other players

As i can see actually lot of players hides and logout during the fight to avoid death, or swap servers to get advantage.. do you really think that something like that can work? 

Edited by JKS-Alex

Ok then what's the purpose? As written elsewhere if i'm in grp with friends and you take one of my m8 as hostage i can always give him a new equip if he die so i can't really uderstand the utility of handcuffing someone to something apart bullying, make ppl die slowly (u can easly do it whit a gunshot) or wasting time of other players

What if it worked on AIs? Like, say you are a new spawn, and a zombie attacks you. All you have is handcuffs, so you lock the bastard onto a gate. Problem solved! (And, remember, AI will improve with future updates.) Also, what if you want to keep a player prisoner? Say, for ransom, or to be a sort of storage unit? There are TONS of possibilities. And if you're scared of being chained to a fence, and are more focused on grabbing loot than having legitimate experiences with other players, you're missing half of what DayZ is about.

i play always whit a grp of 6 ppl and we're fully equipped so others maybe scared by beeing handcuffed.

i will agree that irl there are lot of things that you can do (like beeing rap... hemmm kidnapped! for days) but this is a just game and the first purporse of game must be FUN FOR ALL, so i can't see where's the fun for a player that's locked in a house for hours by a group of assholes. No one likes be the jester for hours..

Edited by JKS-Alex

.... And if you're scared of being chained to a fence, and are more focused on grabbing loot than having legitimate experiences with other players, you're missing half of what DayZ is about.

If i have to stare at my screen, being chanied to a fence, i'd might as well grab a phonebook and start reading. Oh the joy!

I'd uninstall DayZ right away, if what you say is true. I'm glad it isn't.

And you seriously do not think they will implement this, do you?

It's nothing more than just griefing someone else.

If that's you thing, fine.

But don't bother me with it, please?

btw, it's not about being scared. it's just a game, and tbh there's little that i get scared about. But it's about doing a game for fun. Not only for you, but for everyone. Bullying/griefing is generally no fun. Not even for the one doing it, unless they have lack of humane values.

Anyway, I enjoy this game, which i play together with my brother. But if it would turn out to be some griefing fest, i would simply hit the uninstall button.

IRL there's assholes enough already.

In a game i play for fun, i could do without.

Edited by Sum Ting Wong

What is NEWP anyway?

Urban dictionary describes this as either a shorting for a Fascism group, or a Bulgarian variant of Newbie, because they cannot pronounce English correctly...

Or perhaps:

newp

New Poster-A stupid word made up by some kid on the internet. It was fashioned after the phrase n00b(newbie) was no longer cool.

i play always whit a grp of 6 ppl and we're fully equipped so others maybe scared by beeing handcuffed.

i will agree that irl there are lot of things that you can do (like beeing raped for days) but this is a just game and the first purporse of game must be FUN FOR ALL, so i can't see where's the fun for a player that's locked in a house for hours by a group of assholes. No one likes be the jester for hours..

First of all, edit the R word out of your post. That joke isn't funny, and shouldn't be brought up here. Just telling you first before a mod lays down the law in a more brutal way.  Second of all, you can escape handcuffs. The only way you'd be locked in there for hours was if they were guarding you 24/7, and that would give you something to do. DayZ... It isn't fun for all. It isn't balanced, it wasn't meant to be. This game is a struggle for survival... I want it to feel that way. SO BRING IT ON, DEAN! I'LL TAKE WHATEVER YOU THROW AT ME!

If i have to stare at my screen, being chanied to a fence, i'd might as well grab a phonebook and start reading. Oh the joy!

btw, it's not about being scared. it's just a game, and tbh there's little that i get scared about. But it's about doing a game for fun. Not only for you, but for everyone. Bullying/griefing is generally no fun. Not even for the one doing it, unless they have lack of humane values.

Anyway, I enjoy this game, which i play together with my brother. But if it would turn out to be some griefing fest, i would simply hit the uninstall button.

I'm a medic, not a murderer. That isn't my "Thing", I just think it would add a new level of depth to the gameplay, and more challenge. (and, as I said before ,handcuffs are escapable.)

What is NEWP anyway?

Urban dictionary describes this as either a shorting for a Fascism group, or a Bulgarian variant of Newbie, because they cannot pronounce English correctly...

Or perhaps:

newp

New Poster-A stupid word made up by some kid on the internet. It was fashioned after the phrase n00b(newbie) was no longer cool.

Newp, slang for Nope.

lol yeah would be frustrating but your freinds would have to come get you out. Or maybe you can wriggle out after say 20 mins..... 

First of all, edit the R word out of your post. That joke isn't funny, and shouldn't be brought up here. Just telling you first before a mod lays down the law in a more brutal way.  

English isn't my first language so i'm sorry but i can't uderstand what you mean wiht "edit the R word" O.o

English isn't my first language so i'm sorry but i can't uderstand what you mean wiht "edit the R word" O.o

Edit the word out of your post that includes the word used to describe a forced act of sexual intercourse. Please.

...(like beeing raped for days)

eh, I dont really think its necessary.  I think we should be able to drag cuffed poeple tho, I think you should be able to move forward, with them in front of you, so you can drop them off buildings and shit too, lol

I made another topic about it, just thought it should be in another post, and yeah i thought of like tying them with rope like so they move in a line if you have multiple hostages.

What about if I handcuff you people to a tree, and leave you there?

You love staring at yourself not being able to move?

Does that make fun gameplay?

Or do you like it, thinking this will not happen to yourself?

Although it may sound as fun, i don't think you would like to tied up not able to move or do anything about it.

I sure as hell do not.

Do you like being kos'ed? Cuz i dont, i dont think it makes fun gameplay, so i have this idea for the people that kos

No need for the sarcasm at the start mate, btw, you know you can log out with handcuffs and you get killed, so your point is invalid...

The reason is simple:

You can just log out with handcuffs on and you die, so thats why it isnt so bad the idea, also worst case scenario, you are lets say in some huge hill, you get broken legs and the nearest city is electro... 3-4 km away, yeah me and my friends did it to bandits we found, executed 2, broke 1 of them legs at that hill, taken his morphine and splints so yeah, always carry a sawn off if you want to break peoples legs easily :)

...(like beeing raped for days)

Hemm lol... i'm sorry cause i wasn't able to find a better word but by the way that's somehow what i mean.. in rl there are lot of thing that can easly happen in a sort of zombie apocalipse but i'm not certain i wanna see all of them added to the game :P

Added "kidnapped" to my vocabulary :)

Edited by JKS-Alex
  • Like 1