MR DELICIOUS

For the sociopaths.

That is so amazingly evil yet at the same time I can't help but be impressed. This kind of stuff is why I enjoy this mod. Just don't want to end up on the same server as you all.

ill take it as a compliment

You could...

..Bit of a stretch though, I guess it was more of a question:

Where do you draw the line between roleplaying 'an evil man' and actually start manipulating/conning people?

Personally it seems like a lot of wasted hours to me, for the 'leet e-respect' you get off the dayz boards...

...But then most of my friends are pretty normal people, so if i told them i invested hours/days manipulating people on voicecoms with the intention of fucking them over...

..Yeh, they'd think it a bit creepy/odd/anti social/weird -- You choose.

Honestly i think there's the tools ingame with the VON (when it works), to murder people in style or hold people up.. or have an epic mexican standoff... whatever... tangent:

And also -- for all the hours you put in.. you lost a bunch of human shields / guns pointed at what you want for what? extra ammunition and guns? of which you alone can only carry 2...

Just makes me lol, id rather have the extra manpower /allies than the shinies :)

Pics or it didnt happen tbh.

Where do you draw the line between roleplaying 'an evil man' and actually start manipulating/conning people?

Oh, that one's easy. You play the long con. You join a group, become respected, share ventrilo settings, the works. You agree to be online at a certain time, and you show up and play together. Do this for weeks or even months.

Then, when you and your teammates are done fighting a bunch of other people, you shoot each one of them in the back of the head when they're searching the bodies.

TKJ

ill take it as a compliment

You could...

..Bit of a stretch though' date=' I guess it was more of a question:

Personally it seems like a lot of wasted hours to me, for the 'leet e-respect' you get off the dayz boards...

...But then most of my friends are pretty normal people, so if i told them i invested hours/days manipulating people on voicecoms with the intention of fucking them over...

..Yeh, they'd think it a bit creepy/odd/anti social/weird -- You choose.

Honestly i think there's the tools ingame with the VON (when it works), to murder people in style or hold people up.. or have an epic mexican standoff... whatever... tangent:

And also -- for all the hours you put in.. you lost a bunch of human shields / guns pointed at what you want for what? extra ammunition and guns? of which you alone can only carry 2...

Just makes me lol, id rather have the extra manpower /allies than the shinies :)

Pics or it didnt happen tbh.

[/quote']

there's no roleplaying in anything i did, i kinda just want to make people not trust anyone, i want them to have a little bit of doubt for everyone they play with, and ill do this one group at a time, as for the pictures, i guess i could of made a really long recording, but it didnt seem practical to me

there's no roleplaying in anything i did' date=' i kinda just want to make people not trust anyone, i want them to have a little bit of doubt for everyone they play with, and ill do this one group at a time, as for the pictures, i guess i could of made a really long recording, but it didnt seem practical to me

[/quote']

What everyone is getting at is you took it too far, it's fair enough trying to get everyone not to trust anyone in game but as soon as you stepped out side the game to interact with these people you crossed the line.

I sure hope you don't keep doing this because chances are you will come across someone with the type of connections that would find and post your full name and address online for retribution among other things, to be honest I wouldn't be too surprised if someone was already working on it.

Fact of the matter no one cares about the in game items or people killed but that you did something that was fairly twisted and its you who should be removed.

Here's a few things that makes me suspicious about the veracity of this claim about slugs.

1: Most players don't have more bandages than morphine. If they don't they will bleed out if you do this to them.

2: Most players carry around 2+ morphine, which would require 3+ shots to cripple them like this. This is also about how many shots it takes to kill someone by shooting them in the leg.

3: Players tend to have weapons of their own. Why aren't they shooting back at you?

4: Pretty much all players that I injure but don't kill disconnects, are you saying this never happens to you?

With all these factors together you would have to injure a pretty damn insane amount of people just to get a single working slug...

Just to address, I'd say we slug a third of people we fire on. I'd say another third d/c but either have their legs broken or are dead and the final third die immediately.

We fire using CZs at a range of about four hundred meters, and aim for the lower torso so that the bullet drop hits them in the groin or legs.

I've found (receiving and dealing) that one CZ round is enough to break legs and begin bleed 90% of the time. When firing at a greater range, it's harder to hear the shot. Recently, we became good enough to reliably hit someone at about 600m where the shot is very quiet (relative to how much noise they themselves are making).

The key is to all position in a well traveled area, and in a way where the players will run past you. It's also key to have them running away from or towards you so they're relatively easy to hit at great range. Vybor is great for this as many people all run the same direction to NWAF so it has high enough player traffic but I remote enough to fire unhindered multiple times. The flat nature of the terrain also means their path of travel is very easy to judge.

Similarly, I find that the majority of players carry an average of two morphine and four-five bandages.

In clarification, we don't fire or move after the shot, and we allow them to morphine and bandage in peace (if they haven't dced).

With regards to weapons, we usually outright kill a player with a dangerous weapon (saw or scoped rifle). The majority however are carrying winchesters or aks.

I must also point out that the slug is best achieved at night time, as players feel safer in the darkness and are less likely to d/c.

If you want to start out, if also recommend you try it out in an area with cover for the victim. If they can crawl into a tree to bandage, they're much less likely to disconnect. You can ultimately lose sight of them this way though.

In all, we probably slug one third of players we find. Only a couple of times have we got a group of two or more.

I cannot wait until they add a proper time log off feature!

joined a group of people on ts and played with them since the game came out then turned on them once they had good gear' date=' those 3 people will never forget the betrayal

[/quote']

That is the mark of a true lowlife. Congratulations on translating obvious mental illness into a game.

Some men just want to watch the world burn

...and some children want to pretend to be those men

there's no roleplaying in anything i did' date=' i kinda just want to make people not trust anyone, i want them to have a little bit of doubt for everyone they play with, and ill do this one group at a time, as for the pictures, i guess i could of made a really long recording, but it didnt seem practical to me

[/quote']

What everyone is getting at is you took it too far, it's fair enough trying to get everyone not to trust anyone in game but as soon as you stepped out side the game to interact with these people you crossed the line.

I sure hope you don't keep doing this because chances are you will come across someone with the type of connections that would find and post your full name and address online for retribution among other things, to be honest I wouldn't be too surprised if someone was already working on it.

Fact of the matter no one cares about the in game items or people killed but that you did something that was fairly twisted and its you who should be removed.

+1

There are two trains of thought on this.

1) Yes, talking with people on TS adds a level of deception, because joining a clan/group does make the people you game with automatically trust you more, because there is a more personal connection.

2) Where does the line get drawn? If it happened in in-game chat, it might be handled differently. Outside, maybe. Personally, if this happened to me, I might laugh it off, or else I might get angry and vow to be more vigilant in regards to those I game with. Either way, if it's part of the game, then it's 'lessons learned', move on.

I don't agree with CoolNitro's post regarding what else could happen, nor MasterCaution's repost - not in the thought, but in the content. I would strongly urge you guys to edit your posts, as you're giving others a roadmap - or at least an idea. As we all know, it has happened before.

TKJ

-

All I did was congratulate him on insane. I mean insane in the context that you behave like a total asshole and then make up some reason to excuse it.

And then you believe your own bullshit.

If you come on TS then you are talking to me as a real person. If you then choose to betray me it is a real life betrayal, not a game mode.

Those are the actions of a total asshole and if, by chance, that asshole were to come to some harm in the real world, then wouldn't that be a damn shame ?

MasterCaution' pid='28226' dateline='1337201899']

-

All I did was congratulate him on insane. I mean insane in the context that you behave like a total asshole and then make up some reason to excuse it.

And then you believe your own bullshit.

If you come on TS then you are talking to me as a real person. If you then choose to betray me it is a real life betrayal' date=' not a game mode.

Those are the actions of a total asshole and if, by chance, that asshole were to come to some harm in the real world, then wouldn't that be a damn shame ?

[/quote']

so talking over one program makes it real for you but talking over another doesnt?

A real life betrayal LOL, maybe you should play this game a bit less, if getting killed/betrayed in game affects you that much i worry for your psychological health

MasterCaution' pid='28226' dateline='1337201899']

Those are the actions of a total asshole and if' date=' by chance, that asshole were to come to some harm in the real world, then wouldn't that be a damn shame ?

[/quote']

I'll ask you this: would you ask that question of the parents who's son was killed by the boy who lost, playing against him on Counter-Strike? If i recall correctly, they were both around 17, and the victim was shot repeatedly for no other reason than his opponent's anger, brought into real life. If you need the news article, I can find it for you.

I wasn't supporting the idea, but at the face of it, there seems little difference to me between text chat and voice chat.

TKJ

Since you completely turned what I was saying around on me' date=' I'll ask you this: [i']would you ask that question of the parents who's son was killed by the boy who lost, playing against him on Counter-Strike? If i recall correctly, they were both around 17, and the victim was shot repeatedly for no other reason than his opponent's anger, brought into real life. If you need the news article, I can find it for you.

I wasn't supporting the idea, but at the face of it, there seems little difference to me between text chat and voice chat.

TKJ

That's the exact issue I was pointing out, it just takes one guy with the knowledge / connections to track him down and turn his practical joke into a real life situation, I wasn't calling out for him to be harmed but giving him a heads up that there are people out there that could go to the extremes to hurt him.

As far as the whole in game chat or voip vs TS, there is a difference in that in game voip is for causal chatting with randoms you play the game talk shit and go your separate ways, as for TS its the place most of us go to hang out with our online friends / clan mates so over time it does become a personal place and for someone to join in purely for the reasons to betray you and your friends then too right most people would flip out.

Was shooting a worm with my makarov, and he decided to D/C. Upset, I went on with my business and later saw that he reconnected to the server. Knowing I only had a few minutes to get back to this guy I grabbed a crossbow from the building I was in. I rushed back to where he was lying down stunned and I started to shoot crossbow bolts into his legs. After a few bolts I ran off and hid. A minute passes and he stands up to bandage and morphine himself. I wait until he is done doing this and I shoot another bolt into his leg. He drops down and starts looking around rapidly, so I duck behind the building I was shooting from. After a couple seconds I poke my head out and see him just lying there. Waited a few minutes and he disconnected again.

I'm pretty sure he was out of morphine so I just left after he D/C'd the second time.

My most recent technique has been to keep watch on a place where loot is known to spawn, wait until the survivor is just about to leave said structure and fire a round or two from a long distance (despite the fact I wont hit them from such a distance.) This usually causes the survivor to panic when they hear the bullets hit nearby. They start running around like a headless chicken, and attract the nearby zeds to chase them down.

I don't usually do this to get loot. It's just extremely enjoyable to watch.