Sign in to follow this  
Rakkasan

Dedicated Servers for the love of God

Server hopping.

Looting/Farming

Bypassing barricades

Logging off to get better position to kill another player who has the jump on you.

Disconnecting to avoid player/zombie kills.

Nothing need to be said here.

Vehicle Hoarding. (Goes with hopping)

Groups/Players/Clans jumping from server to server to gather vehicle parts and hoarding all the vehicles on one single server.

There needs to be some kind of control when one can just simply leave the dangerous environment and log onto another server where it is safe. Hopping servers to "gather" shit to bring to your own server, or simply to "farm" up gear. If there isn't a tire in the warehouse you are on, can go server to server to find one. Too simple. Dumbed down.

In my opinion your character data should be stored on the server you play on. If you leave it for another, then you are on another completely different toon which is not associated in anyway with any other toon you have elsewhere. A simple solution to a major problem.

it's not going to happen and this thread is posted like 4 times a day. Give it a rest people!

The game is in an alpha stage, rocket is going to fix whats broken and add features HE think is is right. we're here to bug report not influence development.

negative. for one, you're talking about exponentially increasing the data that needs to be stored, not only tracking individual players, but multiple iterations of that individual player as he would probably have at least 2 servers because of day night.

and what if i want to play with a buddy but his character is on server x and mine is on server y? No the solution lies in finding a system that taxes exploitation without ruining the free spirit of the game. You may think being tied to one server would be a great solution, but what happens when the server goes down? What happens when the server begins to lose player count as people move on? What happens if the server itself just shuts down for good, as the owner no longer wishes to foot the bill?

Being tethered to a single server just to try and stop an annoyance won't work, and flies in the face of pc gaming in general. And guess what? A guy can still dc his ass off if he's only tied to one server, so what's the difference.

If i was that hard up to keep my shit and i was cornered, i'd simply dc and come back a few hours later. Yours isn't a solution. Its a knee jerk reaction.

I would eventually like to see only servers hosted, run, managed and moderated by BiS to give the game some consistency and the Devs more control over how the servers are run.

Bohemia Interactive Dedicated Servers...is what I was talking about. Not private servers.

Right now in its state, if it (whatever you are looking for parts,gear, or player) is not on the server you are on, you can simply hop until you find it. Death is 100% completely avoidable. No risk, but great rewards. Once you learn the system, you can gather weapons, vehicles, and gear within 1-2 hours.