Sign in to follow this  
PiLLZ

Question on opening up a server

Hello,

I would like to open up a SA DayZ server, I did a small amount of research, I am state side and ive seen a lot of people recommend games deluxe,  but the price seems a little steep compared to gameservers.com. This would be my first time renting server space and I was wondering if anyone on here has or currently is renting a server from gameservers.com can fill me in on some details and how should I proceed, also i noticed that I need to instal the battle eye client, like I mentioned before this would be my first time attempting to rent server a server so any help would be greatly apreciated.

Thank you.

Im guessing no one can answer my question.

I don't think many people here have ever owned a server here, so it may be a little hard to get that question answered.

Ahh I see, i was hopping that's not the case but oh well, I will just do a bit more research, as I said I have no clue how it all works. Thanks for your reply.

Hello,

I would like to open up a SA DayZ server, I did a small amount of research, I am state side and ive seen a lot of people recommend games deluxe,  but the price seems a little steep compared to gameservers.com. This would be my first time renting server space and I was wondering if anyone on here has or currently is renting a server from gameservers.com can fill me in on some details and how should I proceed, also i noticed that I need to instal the battle eye client, like I mentioned before this would be my first time attempting to rent server a server so any help would be greatly apreciated.

Thank you.

I haven't used gameservers in quite a while but I know people who are for other games and aren't happy with them.

I can say this, gaming deluxe from an outside standpoint and hearing some of the testimonials from former BF3 admins I would rate them very high in regards to service. 

i currently pay for servers at gameservers, gaming delux and fragnet (i had a couple of subscriptions at vilayer as well, but poor support made me cancel them) i would go for gaming delux because they are the only once offering BEC support. gameservers allow server time set to hole hours, fragnet to every 15 minutes, while gaming delux hand you the BEC. fragnet is the fastest to restart your server while gameservers is the slowest. support is pretty much the same across, all three answer your tickets fast. i'm thinking that i pay more at gaming delux for the faster restart and the BEC than what i pay for the slower restart and lesser options at gamingservers.

• Like 1

I don't see where gaming deluxe offers any stateside game servers. I could be wrong, but I couldn't find it on their website.

I rent from gameservers.com. Not my first choice. They do limit your access to the server a little more severely than many game server providers. They have their own way of letting you edit files and almost never let give you direct access to the command line.

However, the choices for quality stateside DayZ servers is limited. My server has had pretty good performance when loaded. It has been updated within a reasonable time when patches have come out.

I'd suggest renting for a month and see what they're like. Being your first ever game server to run, the limited choices may help keep you from fubaring your server.

Oh, you don't have to install anything. Battleye is running (BEC is not, but at this point in time other than start times and a better MOTD interface, there's not much to be gained). You can change the name of your server. Change the default start time (if you so choose). Enter a series of Messages (and the interval between them). The server will restart every four hours automatically.

If you need help, PM me.

• Like 1

Thanks for your help fellas, i went ahead an got the one from gameservers.com im gonna test it for a month see how it, so far i had once question and the staff got back to me in an hour, so no complaints yet. But definitely thanks for the quick help guys much appreciated.