Pahvilaatikko

Firearm Safety Button

Hello everybody.

I don't know if anyone else has come up with this "problem", but i'm going to tell it and propose the solution:

One day I was playing with 2 of my friends. We were running in the woods and we stopped to have a little break, to eat and bathroom and stuff. I alt-tabbed my game while holding a Remington, and went to eat and all that. When I came back, and alt-tabbed back to the game, I have no clue how, but my in-game character decided to shoot once. The bad luck here was, that 1 of my friends was in front of me. I was REALLY lucky he didn't die from the slug that hit his back. We did fix him up and nothing serious happened.

And this isn't the only occasion that this "misfire" has happened to me or any of my friend. I know you can put down your main gun, but the pistol you can't.

So, my suggestion to this little problem is this: a safety button for each gun. OR the ability to put your pistol down the same way as your main gun.

There is a safety button, it's called ESC. Never aim a gun at anything you don't intend to destroy.

There is a safety button' date=' it's called ESC. Never aim a gun at anything you don't intend to destroy.

[/quote']

Hah. I know ESC is an efficient way to prevent this, but only when you alt+tab. Plus, if you are searching a building with your friends, and want to make sure you don't accidentally shoot them while looting, a safety button would be good. And not pointing your gun (pistol) at something you don't want to shoot, seems stupid to me, because I don't want to hold ALT while moving and look the other way. My character's neck can get hurt.

There is a safety button' date=' it's called ESC. Never aim a gun at anything you don't intend to destroy.

[/quote']

Hah. I know ESC is an efficient way to prevent this, but only when you alt+tab. Plus, if you are searching a building with your friends, and want to make sure you don't accidentally shoot them while looting, a safety button would be good. And not pointing your gun (pistol) at something you don't want to shoot, seems stupid to me, because I don't want to hold ALT while moving and look the other way. My character's neck can get hurt.

For alt tabbing esc works effectively. There is also an option to lower your weapon to a relaxed postition (the character has it pointed at the ground), you first click will raise the weapon back to the shooting postition. AFAIK this only works on rifles and not pistols. Your last option practice actually weapon handling and keep your trigger finger off your mouse till your ready to fire.

You could switch to flashlight before Alt + Tab. Can't shot someone with that. :)

You could switch to flashlight before Alt + Tab. Can't shot someone with that. :)

Why do people always try to come up with these weird alternatives to fixing the problems of the game?

Most guns have safeties on them. Put a safety button in the game.

Arguably not the biggest priority, but still, "just switch to your flashlight" doesn't fix the problem.

For alt tabbing esc works effectively. There is also an option to lower your weapon to a relaxed postition (the character has it pointed at the ground)' date=' you first click will raise the weapon back to the shooting postition. AFAIK this only works on rifles and not pistols. Your last option practice actually weapon handling and keep your trigger finger off your mouse till your ready to fire.

[/quote']

I know all of this, but a safety button would bring realism to the game and also solve the problem with the pistol.

I've heard this story happening to my friends before now. It's not a huge thing and I'm not bothered if they don't add it but it'd be nice. Just not as default on any button you can easily press by accident.

SillyGoose I imagine a lot of players would forget they switched to to safety. Oh accidently switch it to safety.

Not sure why some people get this "bug". Must be something to do with there specific setup. I myself and many others I know can alt+tab with ease as much as we like and not fire any weapons at all.

Seems a relatively small portion of the player base get this.

SIMPLE SOLOUTION.... RIGHT CTRL AND R BEFORE YOU ALT/SHIFT TAB - THIS WILL LOWER YOUR WEAPON!