Lee-Vilayer

What you must know before purchasing a server WITH ANY HOST.

@tardis609 they will deny server applications not hosted in a data center, even though the providers all seem to be crap

As Lent wolf stated, when the competive game developers find this game and see the potentiel of it, they will make something better (most likely around the servers) and will only drag players away from DayZ.

Developers really need to get their brains going before they lose the battle, if there is a game which is alot like DayZ, but where I can host a server WHICH IS MINE and is not controlled by global rules, which have

upsetted alot of players who just want to play the game in a more free way, I would quit DayZ for that and I get that it can be exploited but if you could make the mod... you can make a new better system as that would ONLY improve the potentiel of the

mod. The fact that the game got 0 - 60.000 players in no time is true, but with time those players will stop playing due to the current system, and will hurt DayZ more than they can predict.

@tardis609 they will deny server applications not hosted in a data center, even though the providers all seem to be crap

as well they should, if you think you can run a MP server (any MP server) on a home computer with a residential connection you're crazy

oh sure your 5-20mb down is all well and good, but your crappy upspeed kills the deal as well as your dynamic ip address.

as well they should, if you think you can run a MP server (any MP server) on a home computer with a residential connection you're crazy

oh sure your 5-20mb down is all well and good, but your crappy upspeed kills the deal as well as your dynamic ip address.

you may want to know there are quite alot people with fibre glass connections up to 1GBit/s and VPN is free to use

Can we have a dev support this rule? I respect that you are a server host but I have not seen any official post from the development team stating that you have to have a 40 player slot minimum.

Only saying since I pay for a server and have a lower player count to keep performance high and to discourage pkers and trolls. We have a nice regular community and don't want it ruined by afew people who run 5 man servers just to exploit the game.

Thanks.

Pkers are part of this game.. if you are discrimating against pkers.. your server should be black listed.

so I pay for a server. Then have no control over it. Then if i just wanna play with friends and password protect it I lose my server and don't get my money back? Also when I get on dayz, I see alot of password protected servers and i get kicked out of every other game i try to join. So you have these rules but don't enforce them?

Well shit that really blows seeing how me and my friends can never hold a base for more then 4 days. I was hopping to have a sever with a password so we can have a base that doesn't get burned to the ground, there gose my dream.

yeah, this is a fail as far as im concerned and turns me off from buying a server.

me and my clanmates just wanted a server where we can play in peace and hold items in for when we die.... if your against this style of playing then THATS YOUR OPINION. blacklisting servers just because they dont want to deal with hackers and trolls (dont get me started on barb wire) is just stupid. you should be able to lock your server if you want to. you should be able to have control of who plays in your server if you want to. i mean what is this going to accomplish?

yeah absolutely no incentive to do it, none whatsoever, infact if anything its the opposite, it makes sure you WONT get one lol.

Agreed

This is absurd, WHY cant you host servers on a home computer? In sweden there is no problem having 100/100 and a static IP from a normal ISP. Its as cheaps as 20/1 and dynamic IP.

Second, WHY arent you allowed to have a locked server? Most people want to have a good gaming experience and just try to surive the zombie rage. This is an impossibility with all the hackers, so then again. WHY cant you have a locked server if you pay to have one?