AceQuat

More Character Customization

right now, every race/gender only has exactly one face. everyone looks the same unless they wear closed-face helmets or masks because they are all clones of each other

thus i suggest adding more stuff to customize our character's face. that way, we can individualize our characters' looks a bit more and not look like every newly spawned bambi

customizing one's character should include:

- much more face variants per race/gender

- beard variants (no beard, a bit beard, mustache, full beard, long beard)

- hair/beard color (white, blond, red, brown, black)

- amount of hair (no hair/bald, short hair, medium hair, long hair)

- amount of dirt on face/skin (clean, medium, dirty)

- markings on skin (none, wounds, scars, tattoos)

in my eyes, this should only make sense. because dayz standalone tries to emphasize individualism with the new clothing system (which wasn't available in the mod in that form). and apart from adding more gear/clothes, offering more ways to further modify one's character's look by changing faces etc should be the next much needed step, in my view

Edited by AceQuat
  • Like 10

Before anyone cries about this being suggested before: If there's more than one suggestion of the same thing, it's a good idea. So just leave it open for discussion.

• Like 2

A low priority feature are dynamic beards. So if you wont keep shaving your face in the future you can go full Hagrid!

Edit: Well acctualy not a planned feature. At least they havent confirmed it yet. Its quite much work so maybe when the game is in late Beta or something.

Edited by Symon
  • Like 2

A low priority feature are dynamic beards. So if you wont keep shaving your face in the future you can go full Hagrid!

great idea! ;)

You could also if possible have it where say your webcam can take a shot of your face,

which you can then import into the DayZ game and use that for your character as well, this sounds like a good idea, as there really isnt that much choice when it comes to customization of the races, plus it makes everyone unique too,

win win in my book

Cheers

mark117h

You could also if possible have it where say your webcam can take a shot of your face,

which you can then import into the DayZ game and use that for your character as well, this sounds like a good idea, as there really isnt that much choice when it comes to customization of the races, plus it makes everyone unique too,

win win in my book

Cheers

mark117h

There are enough dickheads in the game already, we don't need to take it to a literal level.

I really like the idea... what would also be great is if you could be an old guy/lady and not just a "youngster"^^

+1  YES!, you should also be able to have dirty clothes on you with mud on them and stuff. makes you look more of a survivor than a  handsome person who looks like he or her is ready for a date

Also tallness of character would be nice to decide. So we could make DayZ version of snow white and seven dwarfs.

Also tallness of character would be nice to decide.

i thought about adding a person's size and weight (and it could actually be funny to see fat guys run around in chernarus :lol:)

but i decided against that because it would just make everyone go small & thin to hide better and not get shot that easily due to the smaller hitboxes

i thought about adding a person's size and weight (and it could actually be funny to see fat guys run around in chernarus :lol:)

but i decided against that because it would just make everyone go small & thin to hide better and not get shot that easily due to the smaller hitboxes

There is also a lot of animation work required when making new skeletons.

I was thinking beards could be selected to be short when starting out only.

Hair could be put at shoulder length max for woman, same for men.

Mud and scars only a minimal for newspawn too (letting veteran players having bullet wounds, muddied faces and giant scars to assert dominance).

Tatoos... Maybe, no extreme face tats that every second 'cool dude' is going to have is what I'm getting at.

Well good points for size of characters but what if small characters have less health than big ones. Also tall characters could look from windows easily.

And this sounds silly I know but still how about playing with child character.

And better female modeling please. Current ones sucks , especially face,breasts and hips ! I'm so dissapointed a Czech company came up with these ugly faces and body...

Jesus christ, East European females have great body and curves, yet you're coming up with these!

WRONG WRONG WRONG

Edited by =1PARA=Prime=C.O=

I am missing some hairstyles:

- Shaved, Postage Stamp, V-style, Landing Strip, Bermuda Triangle, Bush, Forest

Edited by Sum Ting Wong

When i would be able to change, how my face looks or build my own. Tired having the same face as other players!

YES PLEASE....just for beards.  I want beards.  Need beards. hmmmmmm.  Beards on women too, equal rights and all.  

YES PLEASE....just for beards.  I want beards.  Need beards. hmmmmmm.  Beards on women too, equal rights and all.  

Definitely, but beard should grow overtime when u play a lot with your character! After u die, you should spawn with clean face!

They should make so that your player starts to grow a beard(YES A BEARD) the longer you survive the longer your beard grows(like it would in real life) so you can distinguish how long a player has been alive etc. and who wouldn't want a beard.

If there's more than one suggestion of the same thing, it's a good idea.

Where in the hell did you hear that?