Sign in to follow this  
PoppinHeads

Realism & Terminology in DayZ

This topic is gonna go nowhere. Was pointless to post it and it is being picky i suppose.

I do however agree with the OP. Whats the point in naming things if you just call it something else that is different and doesnt do the same job. Thats why things are named. To differentiate between things and communicate properly.

That being said, when someone says clip to me (and means magazine) i know what they mean. I do think to myself, yeah good luck using a clip with that, but i just throw them a mag and get on with things.

It annoys me too thay people dont know the difference but its such a minor annoyance that i move on.

Even though I've tried to figure out the difference between a clip and a magazine, I have to admit I do not really understand it. Yes, I have fired some weapons in real life before but to me it is the same by means of functionality. Both, a clip or a magazin, give me the opportunity to increase the rate of fire without reloading the weapon manually. At least this is my understanding. If it is in line with the proper definition... I don't care.

Sorry to say that but to me you come a long as a wise guy.

This is nit-picking/bean counting to me.

For all I care he could ask for a bottle of bullets... as long as I understand what he wants, I don't give a damn if that is the correct terminology.

Edit: Looked up again on the internet as I wanted to understand better. A clip is just a device that helps me to reload the weapon faster, while a magazine holds the bullets. Is that right?

Anyway... as long as I understand what the asking person wants from me, I don't care in this specific case.

Edited by Survivor35

You can fire rounds directly from a clip, if you're talking about the "Half-Moon" clips that allow .45ACP rounds to be used in .45 revolvers.

See the Mod for details.