Sign in to follow this  
grosnik

Newbie imperssions on version 1.7.1.5

Hi everybody,

I would like to give you my first impression as a newbie in the dayz world. First of all thank you very much rocket, for investing so much time in this project - I am sure that the most people have no idea how difficult it is to push this project every day and they don´t pay enough attention to the work behind the game. Sorry for all the stupid kiddies on this planet!

Fun leak after spawning caused by missing weapon

Yes, I know why players don´t spawn armed and it makes sense. The problem caused by the weaponless start is that we are addicted to luck, that we have to find a weapon without getting killed by zombies.

It is much frustrating to die after haven´t found a weapon for an hour. I think it is pretty common that you go into a village, checking all relevant places and go out without finding a weapon. It is okay that there is no guarantee to find usefull stuff but everybody should keep in mind that the risk to die is extremly high, when you go unarmed in a village.

In addition to this "problem" comes that the zombies are following you everywhere and you are not fast enough to hang them out.

I just summarize the game feeling as follows: you spawn as dead in a more deadly cycle - you need luck to get out of it. As soon as you had this luck (hopefuly not after the 10. try) the frustration is wiped away and the the big fun is coming and the motivation returns.

OK - I am still a newbie and I make mistakes but please don´t blame me too quickly. I move very careful and try to keep my risk as low as possible! My intention for this threat is to optimize the game entrance for new players which are absolutely important for this game and the community.

Regards,

grosnik

SPAWN -> BARN -> DONE

This, check the map, hoof it to closest barn/farm. They have -> hatchets, rifles (winchester/lee enfield) and ammo.

Hatchets. Spawn in any industrial building, no matter how small. A sidearm is nice to find, but with a hatchet you can get rid of zombies without making noise. Later when you are decked out with provisions, enough ammo and medicine you still can go for that trusty winchester and store the hatchet in your toolbelt.

I just spawned a few times to see how bad it really is, took me 5-10 minutes each time to find a primary/secondary weapon.

If anything, people need to clear the coast as soon as they can and stop panicking about food or water. I got from the coast near Elektro all the way up to Gorka and Berezino, only stopping to pick up a pistol and hatchet; once I arrived up there, I looted a few buildings and had more than enough supplies to survive.

Once you know the spawn points, how to deal with zombies and the fact that you aren't really risking much when you have just spawned the "survival" part of the game doesn't last long.

Once you know the spawn points' date=' how to deal with zombies and the fact that you aren't really risking much when you have just spawned the "survival" part of the game doesn't last long.

[/quote']

Or you could have a 15+ day char and accidentally hit the re-spawn button like I did last night... so incredibly fail. LoL

I had 860 rounds for my primary, and ten mags for pistol, both silenced, coyote backpack, everything besides for NVG's and a Laser Range Finder... it was a brutal loss over the slip of the hand.

"be careful in those menus, they have proven to be the most fatal..."