Kirzan

HOW TO: Multiple computers on the same connection.

Situation:

Me and my room mate love Co-op. We also love hardcore survival games. This morning, he bought ARMA II for DayZ. As usual, we couldn't connect to the same server (or possibly different servers) at the same time.

Things we tried that DID NOT work:

- Using STEAM's launch option "+clientport" which is usually how we fixed this issue with STEAM games. Ultimately, we weren't even able to boot the game because of another issue. I was looking for a simple fix, not a fix of a fix of a fix.

- Changing router settings. I read it worked for some other people. But it didn't do a thing for us.

I then realized launching through steam would just be a huge headache and looked at getting Six Launcher / Updater to run my game using different ports (kinda like steam's +clientport but for Six Launcher/Updater)

PLEASE NOTE THAT: I don't know exactly which of the 2 fixes makes it work, but that's what I did and it works. This is merely all the steps I took before it started working. The Six Updater configuration may do absolutely nothing.

Step by step guide to SIX UPDATER proper configuration:

1. Boot Six Updater.

2. Skip the speedtest.

3. Select "Game Profile" from the top toolbar.

4. At Player Profile, select your profile.

5. On the top right side, enter 2310 in the "port" section.

6. Select "Home" from the top toolbar.

7. Select "Save".

8. Close the application.

Step by step guide to SIX LAUNCHER proper configuration:

1. Boot Six Launcher.

2. On the main window, look below the social networking icons.

3. Select "Options".

4. In the OptionsWindow, enter "port=2310" in additional startup parameters. (WITHOUT QUOTES)

5. Select OK.

6. Please note that you only need to do this on ONE of the TWO computers. The game apparently uses ports 2303-2307(?) by default which the other computer can use. Forcing one computer to use 2310 will make sure only ports 2310-2315(?) are used on that computer. I assume that if you need to configure more computers per household, to be sure, always skip 5 ports per PC.

I really hope this helps anyone with this issue.

tags to help people find this: dayz day z 2 computers 1 router 2 pcs 1 router 2 users 1 connection

Am I the only one frustrated with Six Updater?

The first step you list here is for nothing, the Six Updater doesn't actually save the port setting you input.

The only way it'll semi-work is if you don't use the shortcut provided by Six Updater and use the launcher instead.

Since most of us use the shortcut provided by the download site you'll have a Dynamic preset set with DayZ and Beta to update, all fine and dandy except when you get to the Game Profile section where it clearly says "Dynamic settings will not be saved".

Apparent solution? Create a new preset which isn't Dynamic.

Result? Still won't save.

Not even if you go through the hellish journey of trying to use the program, create a new preset with proper settings, finally get to save it, realise you have to save every single setting you change separately, wait between each action for the program to chew on some peanuts while it enjoys your rage, set the port settings and hit the save button, close program and start up again (which only takes a short millenia).

I realise this rant should probably be shorter and part of it on the Six Suite forums but my anguish is now eternal.

-Z

Use "-port=xxxxx" in launch options not +clientport, I believe +clientport only works for Source Engine games. I've confirmed that it works when my friend brought his computer over to my place a week ago.

I found the Launch Options in Six-Launcher's Options menu, however "port=2310" results in one account being kicked from the server and the other receiving the warning "Illegal copies may degrade", to essentially no effect.

When attempting the same config, substituting "-port=2310" instead of "port=2310" the launcher hangs at "Wait for Host" on black screen, and never achieves a server connection.

Lol, I've been playing with a buddy of mine since yesterday, we have been lan. We could easily join servers on the same connection? We had no problems at all :)

I'm so glad to troll hear that your troll setup is working troll flawlessly without any troll effort on your troll. I mean part.

so have we got a fix for this? ive tried changing port setting in six launcher to no avail.

I found the Launch Options in Six-Launcher's Options menu' date=' however "port=2310" results in one account being kicked from the server and the other receiving the warning "Illegal copies may degrade", to essentially no effect.

When attempting the same config, substituting "-port=2310" instead of "port=2310" the launcher hangs at "Wait for Host" on black screen, and never achieves a server connection.

[/quote']

Exactly my problem, too. Would like to play with my girlfriend who bought the game yesterday, but we cannot play together on the same server. And if we use the "-port=2310" or "port=2310" with the six launcher, we get the "wait for host" on black screen message. Alone and without the port changing I can jump on any server, played the game for the last 3 weeks every day on german and us servers!

Please help us, it would be sooo awesome to finally play together in a team!

Edit1:

testet with Arma OA Beta Version 93965 and 94444!

Other games like Left 4 Dead 2 are working perfect in online coop...

Edit2:

with "-port=2310" I get the "wait for host" error

with "port=2310" I get into the game, but the moment my girlfriend connects to the same server, I get a disconnect =(

Same damn problem buddy. Me and my GF are getting really frustrated that there is no solution to this.