Sign in to follow this  
Duenan

Hollow points?

Hydrostatic shock anybody?

Along with a reworking of damage values for specific guns. I'm hoping when they add in some of the smaller caliber pistols, 9mm, .380, .40 they also add in HP

By reworked damage values I mean that just like in arma, some .30 cal rifle rounds will penetrate most objects. Especially 7.62x39 and 51. Those will go right through concrete and of course wood as well and up to 3/4 in mild steel plate. 1/2 steel plate is kind of iffy depending on the round.

I though this would give us a chance for hollowpoints which would maybe cause bleeding at a faster rate than FMJ. With exception being if you have a flak jacket or press vest the rounds would be less effective than FMJ.

I dunno If I'm asking to much but I'm pretty sure the Arma 3 engine can support these damages.

*Also it would be interesting if your weapon depending on the ammo type had different penetrative abilities. I.E. you could shoot through 1 or more zombies with a high caliber rifle.

I think this type of thing would go well with my Battlefield surgery dynamic just as a thing to spice up gunplay so that effects of being shot are slightly different

image014.jpg

Edited by Duenan

I like the idea of different ammo types. Tbh it feels like the whole damage system hasnt properly been implemented yet. Shock will be fun to deal with . and scary

Omfg read the damn dev blogs...

Confirmed, confirmed, confirmed, aaand confirmed.

Of course they're going to add "special" ammunition. Do you know what ALPHA means?!

Edited by Applejaxc

Why the hell wouldn't the game want to include other caliber weapons? *facepalms* Do you know what ALPHA means?!

"I'm hoping when they add in some of the smaller caliber pistols, 9mm, .380, .40 they also add in HP"

can you read?

Edited by Duenan
  • Like 1

Why the hell wouldn't the game want to include other caliber weapons? *facepalms* Do you know what ALPHA means?!

He never says anything about adding other caliber weapons. He said WHEN they add other caliber weapons. Not sure why you're so hostile either.

Edited by Jasonperson
  • Like 1

"I'm hoping when they add in some of the smaller caliber pistols, 9mm, .380, .40 they also add in HP"

I'll admit I misread, but hollow points, +P, et cetera are confirmed features, including the ability to load a magazine with mixed ammunition types (alternating HP and AP for example)