Lurikeen

Downed heli - Is this normal?

Hi all,

This is my first weekend playing Day Z and must say i'm having a great time. I'm pretty good with learning curves and after "falling up the stairs" a few times I can safely say I can now hold my own.

However one thing I stumbled across before day fell to night was a downed heli. I instantly thought jackpot and went closer to the crash site.

Upon arriving I saw 3 zombie soldiers, easy enough I thought, and dispatched them. No more than 5-10 seconds later, 12 (Yes TWELVE) zombie soldiers spawned around it. Some how I managed to get away to safety, collected up my wtf's, and set up camp to log out.

My question is, what the hell? Is this normal? If so i'll have to change to my tactics.

Zombies spawning on top of you is pretty usual. It has nothing to the with the heli. Zombies spawns alot if you make alot of noise, like shooting in your case.

Thanks, that makes sense. Hopefully when I log back in later most will have despawned (if that's possible?), and i'll have to use good old stealth to get some loot.

If you are ever near any kind of structure that has loot and you don't see zombies, you can be sure they're going to appear in short order so I would recommend staying low and moving slowly until they do spawn, and then building a strategy from there.

If you risk it and just try to run past/through, you're going to get pinned by the spawn.

Hopefully as DayZ becomes more optimized, the distance at which zombies spawn will increase so we don't have the experience of coming upon empty towns and watching the zeds magically appear.

Still pretty lame, spawning zombies left and right ruins the tactical approach.

It makes me think of a MMO where the mobs basically chain spawned when you engaged the few visible. Didn't even take me the first 30 days of release to cancel my subscription and never looked back.

I know there has to be some kind of spawn mechanism but when it ruins the initial approach with 'hidden' spawns, my experience goes down the drain.

Thanks' date=' that makes sense. Hopefully when I log back in later most will have despawned (if that's possible?), and i'll have to use good old stealth to get some loot.

[/quote']

Try crawling over there, usually works pretty good for me, they need to be really close to aggro on you.

No its not supposed to happen, they are supposed to spawn at very least 30M away.

there are a lot of issues still going on.

Zombies are still not fixed, they spawn next to you and they still walk through walls.

so far ive yet to see anything besides the hatchet work correctly.

Had a similar issue just opposite spawning. Dispatched about ten of them with my Winchester, went to loot, and three more scared me.

No its not supposed to happen' date=' they are supposed to spawn at very least 30M away.

there are a lot of issues still going on.

Zombies are still not fixed, they spawn next to you and they still walk through walls.

so far ive yet to see anything besides the hatchet work correctly.

[/quote']

A hatchet that shoots bullets, and has ammo?

Yeah ;)

Thanks for the answers all. Assuming the crash is still there i'll check in the morning (no night vision, yet!)

Thanks for the answers all. Assuming the crash is still there i'll check in the morning (no night vision' date=' yet!)

[/quote']

unfortunately it probably won't still be there, even if you join the same server