jamerific

Aging System Suggestion

The idea I have is that the longer a player is surviving the harder it should be to survive. This is where my Aging System idea comes in. The more days your character has survived, the slower they start to run, the quicker they get hungry or thirsty, the easier it is for them to get sick.

Now you might ask why am I wanting to punish those that are able to survive longer then the others, but here is the thing. If you managed to have a character over 24 hours old and still alive, you are a champion, so why not make it harder for you?

I constantly see people posting they need to make this game harder, more challenging, more like a simulator. Well I think this is the way to do it without ticking off new players or players that have to constantly restart.

With each day of in-game time your character survives (every 24 hours), it gets a little harder. Maybe small things like your hunger drains slightly faster, or your run speed is slowed a little, until finally you have the survival rate of a 70 year old man. This will show us who are the true survivors.

How about no?

If anything, surviving that long makes you a stone cold killer, and should be a benefit. Implementing an aging system is just silly, especially over these tiny timescales.

Yeah, I was doing pretty well in life last week, but then I got old, and now I'm not doing so hot.

Okay, me being a serious dick aside, there's actually already a mechanism for this; disease.

when players start surviving 10000 hours in game we can talk about the validity of an aging system

fuck that shit, ive survived till something like "Day 5" in DayZ but ill be honest it was hard, beating zombies is one thing, beating players is another, and now you want to punish us for out living the other players because you have not learnt how to survive..