dulix11

[POLL] Do you regret buying the SA?

Do you regret buying the DayZ SA?  

302 members have voted

1. 1. Do you regret buying the DayZ SA?

• Yes
    • No

I would prolly get it at the end since was diehard DayZ previous ARMA 2 mod player and all of the other dayz varients along with vilayer's hive,epoch,breaking point, aftermath and ARMA 3 one.

Spent almost 2 years by now, Do i regret the money i gave? NO, Do i hate the Dev progress and speed "YES". Do i hate the server hosting policy and lack of admin feature "YES", Do i hate lack of anti-cheat security "YES"

Do i hate to not able to test more stuff and see more stuff rather than DayZ Fashion Cosmetic show (don't matter if they are buggy or gamebreaking as it suppose to be in Alpha)" YES" .

Do I hate to see it's not even match with the old previous DAYZ Mod and other varients especially epoch "YES".

Simply i was expecting more from DayZ SA even in alpha so tat a little bit dissapointed all of the above after spending and hoping for almost 2 years, but never regret spending the money on it.

Edited by =1PARA=Prime=C.O=

I don't regret it cause It'd buy it soon enough regardless. But I'm not gonna dickride and say they're doing perfect. A lot of work needs to be done for the game to become even close to acceptable but this game has a lot of potential. I'd just like to see more devblogs and updates on their current progress. It's like Christmas morning seeing a new devblog.

• Like 1

I voted for yes, I knew what I was buying and what stage the game was at. But I sill done it, I mean its not a big deal £30 - but my hype towards the game died, I don't really play it - heh I guess I'm just waiting for more content to be added in. Tbh I think I spend more time on these forums reading posts etc than I do playing the game (*o*)

Tbh I think I spend more time on these forums reading posts etc than I do playing the game (*o*)

Well at least you acknowledged your problem.  Playing an Alpha "test" build  :rolleyes:

Love it so much I'm thinking I might get a battle eye ban so I can buy it again.

• Like 2

200 hours, still lovin' it. Getting better at every patch.

Anyone who can use the word "regret" after spending a mere $30.00 needs to reasses their career choice. $30.00 is literally 2 x bigmac meals with a mcflurry for dessert and i'm sure there are no complaints about that cancerous shit.

Some people don't have a job or just work in a minimum wage one due to economics or still care about their money and don't want to "waste" it.

Some people might be still go to school or college and really need to have an eye on how to get through the month money wise.

So pleasy don't judge people without knowing what their story/ background is.

Other than that: I stumbled more or less by accident over this game, had heard about it often on rddt back then but always thought it would be some kind of L4D or CoD with zombies and hence never really bothered about it.

A mate told me about it few weeks ago, I looked into it and was completely stoked right from the scratch.

I've died a lot to bambi-hunting-KoSers, sometimes glitches and of course there's lack of content but I was aware that it is alpha and I would not get a finished and polished product. With that knowledge in mind, I don't regret at all and really am enjoying patrolling around with my fancy sunglasses whenever I find the time.

Edited by daisho

1st off, it's ALPHA. 2nd off, there are more than enough warnings about it before you buy. 3rd off, it's ALPHA. 4th off, there's a thing called youtube, no excuses to not see gameplay.

Edited by LigerRider

1st off, it's ALPHA. 2nd off, there are more than enough warnings about it before you buy. 3rd off, it's ALPHA. 4th off, there's a thing called youtube, no excuses to not see gameplay.

You can still regret of things you've done/bought after, doesn't matter if you were aware of the facts and end result. This topic is just about it ,pretty simple no bashing at all just personal feelings.

No excuses needed as well to regret, so what you are saying is pretty irrelevant.

I am 50/50 when it comes to regretting buying the SA. On one hand I have had some great times playing the game, from just being stupid to actually trying to play the game, and I have also had some good discussions in these forums which have also been entertaining and in some cases a way to learn or adapt my opinion.

However, I have come to dislike the way some people act in the game, and while they are free to do as they please it annoys me every time some random just chases at me swearing at me for no apparent reason. I am fine with swearing, but if you want to kill me at least get it over with instead of dragging it out with childish swearing to puff yourself up. Also I only really bought the game fur to a friend, and I believe it will never see a full release, as I do with many early access titles, and thus regret buying it.

Was never a fan of zombies (because im a wimp) but this game just makes me love it.

price is huge for alpha but i hope it will worth for now i am fine...

btw with all that money pls pay more devs so you can run updates faster...

That's because you're not paying for an alpha, you're paying for the full game. If you look at it that way, it's a screaming deal. 

Edited by Rickenbacker

You all knew what you were getting yourself into, don't whinge about it now.

Personally I like it, gotten a little bored the last 2 weeks of it but I keep coming back.

You all knew what you were getting yourself into, don't whinge about it now.

Personally I like it, gotten a little bored the last 2 weeks of it but I keep coming back.

That's the nature of DayZ for me. Was in the mod the same way.

It's like minecraft (the only other game where I feel it that way) :  you play intensive for some weeks, than you get a little bit bored...(like every other game, but now comes the kicker) : you keep coming back for more, play again intensive for some weeks and...well rinse, repeat ;)

And I don't regret it at all. Hell, even if they would shut down all servers right now, I'd be very sad but I'd have my money worth by far...

Never.

I love DAYZ mod, I still mainly play the mod and sometimes a little bit the SA.  The SA for me is a work in progress, it's there to test it, report bugs and see the developpment process. I try to don't spend too much time on it, just becasue there is the risk to get bored. I hope to see more and more fixes, game mechanics added, for really start to play the SA.

People who spend hundred of hours and claim to be bored or sick of the game don't understand the concept of early alpha stage.

You can't complain right now, wait one year, and if the majority of the game mechanics are not there yet, Zombies are not dangerous, spawn are not fixed and the game still have major issues, you can start to really complain about it.

Right now, in my opinion, the game developpment it's going well. Of course I wish to been able to play the complete and finished game right away but it takes time, in the mean time I play the mods, try new ones, paly others games and come back to the SA time to time to test the new stuff added,report new bugs and discuss in the forum.

The way i see it if you personally believe your time is worth at least $8 an hour and youve gotten at least about 4 hours of enjoyment from the game then you can't really regret your purchase. I've played the SA alpha close to 100 hours, so buying it early at the discounted price of $30 before the Full game comes out and having to deal with some bugs here and there actually makes this a very sound purchase for me.

The way i see it if you personally believe your time is worth at least $8 an hour and youve gotten at least about 4 hours of enjoyment from the game then you can't really regret your purchase. I've played the SA alpha close to 100 hours, so buying it early at the discounted price of $30 before the Full game comes out and having to deal with some bugs here and there actually makes this a very sound purchase for me.

Exactly.  Most AAA $60 games only come with 30 hours of gameplay unless you want to spend another $100 on DLC for an extra 20 hours of gameplay