Sign in to follow this  
timedance

playing dayz-standalone makes no sense(at the moment)

So guys, I tell you, why dayz-standalone is nonsense at the moment....

Facts: loot is not respawning, so people will go much for serverhopping and KOS. The result of this is, you kill annother guy to get better stuff? BAM! Stuff is all damaged, by shooting annother one...

Thats a vicious circle! There are not many goals in, that you can play for... - and I do not kill other players(I never was a bandit)

At the moment I am fully geared up - so I stoped playing and I am waiting for the next update...(maybe to do more things)

Maybe if we can hide backpack, we can build such a thing "like a camp" ....

Also the player-spawnsystem is shit. You always spawn east/ north-east.

If you run to cherno you see no other players.... - most guys try to camp in elektro and the most die in elektro and will never see cherno...

Edited by TiMEDANCE

Facts: loot is not respawning, so people will go much for serverhopping and KOS. The result of this is, you kill annother guy to get better stuff? BAM! Stuff is all damaged, by shooting annother one...

Thats a vicious circle! There are not many goals in, that you can play for... - and I do not kill other players(I never was a bandit)

At the moment I am fully geared up - so I stoped playing and I am waiting for the next update...(maybe to do more things)

Maybe if we can hide backpack, we can build such a thing "like a camp" ....

Also the player-spawnsystem is shit. You always spawn east/ north-east.

If you run to cherno you see no other players.... - most guys try to camp in elektro and the most die in elektro and will never see cherno...

Change playstyle maybe? There is loads to do.. but it is up to you to make it all happen.

I just DONT GET IT.

Why do so many people treat this like its a game?

NEWS FLASH! IT ISNT! Its an alpha OF a game. People are coming into this project EXPECTING a game. That is to say, a complete, relatively bug free, fleshed out experience with plenty of content. It has NONE of that. Its ONLY been in a BARELY playable state available to the public for a few months, as opposed to the full year (projected) it will take before it is in beta.

That's not to say that the experience cant be fun, however. You just have to work a little harder to find it. Once you have explored, looted, killed, died, and everything else, you have to become creative. I, for example, have started issuing challenges. I may do something else soon. But for now, we are here to test the game out as they add new content and fixes. In exchange, we get to play the "game" in its current state, and have access to the full version when it is released, at a discount.

Why cant people understand this??

• Like 2

That won't change until they find a way of enforcing a more cooperative playstyle...which I don't see happening...ever.

For what sense are you looking for? A game makes sense for me when you habe fun. My buddies and me had a lot of fun even its not finished and in the alpha state. So what will be in 10 months when its in beta or later in the endgame? I Dont get your point. Dayz was and is fun since the mod. Everything will be fixed there is just time needed

What you, me, and everyone else is supposed to be doing right now in DayZ SA is finding and reporting bugs, exploits, & glitches, while making recommendations for game improvements from the players perspective.  

THIS^^^^^^ is the role of a public alpha tester.  

If you do not want to execute this role then just play it as-is and keep your trap shut or just move along and play something else for a year while development continues.  What you are NOT to do is clog up the forums with useless "this game is broken and incomplete" posts.  Now, please F.O.A.D.  

Not sure OP

I have been playing SA since release almost daily...sometimes for 10 minutes and sometimes for 2 hours...nothing more nothing less.

I only have ~70 hours logged. Im happy with it and thoroughly enjoy it.

maybe some people are playing way too fucking much.

I find there plenty to do, still havent covered the whole map. Still havent seen any of the new towns...im trying to hunt players atm but havent seen ANYONE in weeks. Only playing on high pop servers EXP...are people still playing coast fightclub or what!?

Edited by deebz1234