over9000nukez

A mountain man

(skip to 1 minute it (1:00))

[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=le0PV1I-T9U]

(if an admin can put the video as a video and not a link?)

Imagin if they add a bit fo snow in the north, make it a bit more mountain-y in that area where there is nothing, and add in all the hunting aspects, hunting,skinning, using furs for clothing, horses, bear traps and all the sort, then living up in the mountains setting up a tent camp, fire pit and all, like Jeremiah Johnson.

mountain_man_of_castle_rock_by_buffalogr

Edited by over9000nukez

Edit: Woah...didn't mean to post only one letter^^

Meh, I'll be up there anyways, searching for persistent objects © to raid ;)

And maybe start a campfire and cook some bearsteaks...

Edited by LaughingJack

This is done on a DayZ standalone server?

no, but it would be amazing if they did :)

hunting, living like a mountain man, having a camp and all, keeping warm, like a whole new game mode rather then je-ji-joe, bambi, hero, andbandit

• Like 2

There are rummors Rocket wants to extend the map and add a snowy area with mountains.

I LOVE IT.

I'll get my medicine bag! :D

il_340x270.509538157_s1ru.jpg

• Like 1

Dude...you just gave me an idea.

What if your character grew a beard, and the beard thickness and length was proportional to time survived. Same for the ladies...

(also, I usually put a [ youtube ] [ / youtube ] around vids I upload and that seems to do the trick every time. It usually works without it too...that's odd. Minus the spaces of course.)

Damn. I edited before you posted, otherwise I would have changed it to "e" ;)

skin us some grizz (see my last comment)

Dude...you just gave me an idea.

What if your character grew a beard, and the beard thickness and length was proportional to time survived. Same for the ladies...

slowpoke.png

no, but it would be amazing if they did :)

hunting, living like a mountain man, having a camp and all, keeping warm, like a whole new game mode rather then je-ji-joe, bambi, hero, andbandit

Sadly that’s what I thought I was going to get when I bought the game, I wanted to play a mountain man surviving in an apocalyptic world.  

Before all of you geniuses speak up I know Its ALPHA.

Didn’t know the “brainless shoot anything that moves” was still going to be the only thing available after some 2 years. Saddens my heart. :(

Sadly that’s what I thought I was going to get when I bought the game, I wanted to play a mountain man surviving in an apocalyptic world.  

Before all of you geniuses speak up I know Its ALPHA.

Didn’t know the “brainless shoot anything that moves” was still going to be the only thing available after some 2 years. Saddens my heart. :(

ya, I call them G.I.Joe's, I hate those kids :/ I wanna play as a mountain man, or pick up a bambi and give them food and such when they come up, or train someone who is in the snowy north how to survive the cold and such, help them out, let them be my apprentice for some while, then let them go.

• Like 1

Long as I can tame a grizzly and name him Ben............I'm old lol.

That was actually my initial hope for the direction of this game. I'd love to live off the mountains, set snares, etc. Now granted, I grew up doing this in Alaska, hunting, fishing, picking berries, whole nine yards. I'd just prefer to relive it in a game, with zombies lol

• Like 1

It would be a great addition.

Then you would have the reputation of being one of the crazy mountain men of the north.

What I would like to see is making clothing from animals...

then running back down to civilization in my fur clothes and hunting people like a savage with my axe...

btw shouldnt this be in the suggestion forum?

• Like 2

make the snowy area really hard to survive in, and you need proper clothing and warm to stay for more then 10 minutes at a time, so you don't have a bunch of military dressed goons going in and surviving the snows, you need leathers and furs!

horses at your camp too! donkeys, and other mount animals at your little mountain camp

Wait, if chernarus is near Russia, do tigers live in the chernarus area?

anyone know if tigers are in the chernarus area IRL because I know in Russia tigers exist in the snowy areas.