Caboose187 (DayZ)

Post your PC specs, in game settings and FPS here

Well having this thread closed isn't working so I'm just going to post my updated specs.

My specs are as followed: P8Z77-V LE Plus MOBO / i7-3770k @ 4.4 ghz / 16gb G-Skill 1600Mhz / Gigabyte R9 270X 2gb / 120gb SSD with windows installation only / 120gb SSD with Steam and DayZ installed.

In game settings
Video: Rendering Resolution @ 1920x1080 / VSync Enabled
User Interface: Resolution @ 1920x1080
Textures: Video Memory - Auto / Texture Detail - Very High / Texture Filtering - Very High
Quality: Objects - Very High / Terrain - Very High / Clouds - High / Shadows - High
Rendering: AA - Normal / Alpha to Coverage - All Trees + Grass / Edge Smoothing - SMAA Normal / HDR Quality - Low / Ambient Occlusion - Enabled / PP - Normal

I've been playing mainly on the experimental branch so I get a stable 60 fps that drops down to about 35 in the cities.  Mind you Svetlojarsk does kill my fps quit a lot.  It actually drops down to around 20 in that city so hopefully the devs are aware of the performance there still and are working on it some more.  

Edited by Caboose187

Specs in signature, with overclocks my CPU is at 4GHz (from 3.3) and my RAM is at 1600MHz (from 1333) but that had no effect on my framerate.

Video: Rendering Resolution 2560x1440 / VSYNC disabled
Textures: Video Memory - 2048MB/Auto / Texture Detail High / Texture Filtering High
Quality: Objects Very Low / Terrain High / Clouds High / Shadows High
Rendering: AA High / AtoC - All Trees + Grass / Edge Smoothing None / HDR Quality - Very Low / Ambient Occlusion - Disabled / PP - Disabled

In the wild I get up to 50-70 FPS, in the worst cities 28-32, if I turn object detail up to normal or higher I only get 18-22 FPS in the same cities.

Note 1: If I turn all my settings up to max I get 40+ FPS in the wild but still exactly the same frames in bad cities depending on object detail. Likewise in cities the game doesn't even give a flying fuck if I turn all my settings down to minimum, the only thing it cares about whatsoever is object detail.

Note 2: I have temporarily had to switch out my 760 for my older 580, performance is exactly the same no matter what.

Note 3: I don't use any .cfg file tweaks currently, I only use startup flags for memory and CPU cores etc.

Edited by DarkwaveDomina

Core 2 duo /2.4

2Gb RAM

GT 8600 / 256mb video ram

all settings disabled/lowest/etc

i think i am on 960x540 now...or even lower, will check.

in plain fields or looking at the sea: 30-40fps

in cherno between 8-15fps but i've had 5 too :)

and the winner of the worse computer in dayz community goes to.....ME.

p.s. i will post again when my ASUS ROG will arrive...

Core 2 duo /2.4

2Gb RAM

GT 8600 / 256mb video ram

all settings disabled/lowest/etc

i think i am on 960x540 now...or even lower, will check.

in plain fields or looking at the sea: 30-40fps

in cherno between 8-15fps but i've had 5 too :)

and the winner of the worse computer in dayz community goes to.....ME.

p.s. i will post again when my ASUS ROG will arrive...

Wow, I'm surprised you can even get DayZ to load :p  Post again once you get your new PC :)

I'm running an i7 3770k, r9 280x with 8GB RAM. I see sometimes up to 80 in the wild, and as low as 15 in cities. I do often have another monitor running though, and recording software though neither of these appear to have impact either way.

According to Moo system monitor the game NEVER uses more than 40% of either my CPU or GPU potential (settings as high as can be). Often less. So I'm guessing there's plenty more optimising to be done. For reference, I play BF4 on Ultra with drops to at worst 50 fps.

Edited by thebomberman

I'm running an i7 3770k, r9 280x with 8GB RAM. I see sometimes up to 80 in the wild, and as low as 15 in cities. I do often have another monitor running though, and recording software though neither of these appear to have impact either way.

According to Moo system monitor the game NEVER uses more than 40% of either my CPU or GPU potential. Often less. So I'm guessing there's plenty more optimising to be done. For reference, I play BF4 on Ultra with drops to at worst 50 fps.

What are you in game settings?  I've got the R9 270X and the 3770k and I don't even come close to getting up to 80 fps.

Specs:

Res: 2560x1440

Monitor: Shimian QH2700 IPS , Tempered Glass Quad HD

Case: Carbide 540

Mobo: ASUS Maximus IV Extreme 

CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i

CPU: i7-2700k @ 5 GHz 

PSU: 760W Cougar

GPU: GTX Titan @ 1,1 GHz

RAM: 8GB Dominator GT @ 2331 MHz

Storage: Couple SSDs and HDDs.

Fan Controller: Aquaero 5 XT

Settings:

All Ultra - 3840x2160 ingame (4K)

FPS:

50-70 in fields

50-60 in forest

30-50 in cities

Can't post a up to date pictures, heres my old rig.

7kYc0.png

Edit ,

img_7137dgqvq.jpg

I feel like you should be getting more XD

I get 70-ish in forest

All Ultra - 3840x2160 ingame (4K)

30-50 in cities

I'm guessing 30 more often than 50, well done your ridiculously expensive rig is as good as mine on DayZ. :D

(I'm normally not mean like that but you clearly only came here to show off.)

• Like 2

Wow, I'm surprised you can even get DayZ to load :P  Post again once you get your new PC :)

Sure thing. Not only that it loads, but i do actually quite well beside the fact that i can't see/recognize a zed/human 

at more than 100m away not to mention their clothes :) :)

45 hours since last death and counting...being a sniper in the army 20years ago

did more for this game than the PC itself, me thinks...

Edited by mugur

What are you in game settings?  I've got the R9 270X and the 3770k and I don't even come close to getting up to 80 fps.

It's full everything and at 1080. The 80 FPS is by no means a constant btw, it was meant to highlight the variation I can see. I'll do a more thorough investigation next time I play.

Just looked before posting and I've found that my settings are not as I recalled :D Everything is full (Textures and Rendering) but the Quality box is low. Odd. Do you think that might explain it? ;)

i was running a now RMA ARES II, now i'm running a GTX 690 @ stock and a 3930k @ 4.5GHz/ avg 70° C, on a rampage gene IV with a pair of samsungs 840 pro 256GB in raid and 32 GB of corsairs dominator platinum sticks ..@ 1080 i get some 20-25 in cities and around 60 else where, with settings at very high... same as with the ARES II. i will be back with my findings on the 4930k in short. it seems as the gfx cards are idling while the cpu is running burning hot. it is all very wierd.

Edited by mssing

It's full everything and at 1080. The 80 FPS is by no means a constant btw, it was meant to highlight the variation I can see. I'll do a more thorough investigation next time I play.

Just looked before posting and I've found that my settings are not as I recalled :D Everything is full (Textures and Rendering) but the Quality box is low. Odd. Do you think that might explain it? ;)

Most definitely. If I rurn off AA, ambient occlusion and post processing I can usually stay a constant 40+ fps in the cities. I am bottlenecked by my monitor at 60 fps so I don't know what the maximum I could achieve is

Most definitely. If I rurn off AA, ambient occlusion and post processing I can usually stay a constant 40+ fps in the cities. I am bottlenecked by my monitor at 60 fps so I don't know what the maximum I could achieve is

Yeah, there was a little sarcasm in there :) Next time I'm on I'll give it a good go at full all and see. I'm certain it was though so I don't know what went on there. 

Still doesn't explain the huge potential left in my rig though.

I am bottlenecked by my monitor at 60 fps

look ..how the fuck is that exactly? i've never read or heard that a screen could bottleneck any system ^^ no offense, but do you even understand what you posted there?

look ..how the fuck is that exactly? i've never read or heard that a screen could bottleneck any system ^^ no offense, but do you even understand what you posted there?

As in vsync. It was pretty obvious what I was referring but as usual you have nothing worthwhile to post so how about you do the forum a favor and piss off

Hi there,

I have to have all my settings for Dayz on absolute rock bottom for it to run. Any higher and it's completely unplayable.  My fella has a far worse system with ATI Radeon HD 4670, intel core 2 quad @ 2.0 Ghz  & 4GB RAM. yet he can play it with his settings on mid to high with no problems.

I haven't a clue what the problem is but if you guys have any insight I'd be grateful.  :)

Windows 7, 64-bit

Intel i5-2320 quad core @ 3.0 Ghz

8GB RAM

AMD HD6670 2GB

i5 4670k oc 4.7 ghz

GTX 570 gigabyte Oc x2

some watercooling

All Setting high (no Vsync / no cloud / no shadow) 1440x900 - ALL rest full setting !

80+ fps - 50+ fps in citys (NEVER ANY FREEZE OR LAGG) if i do low setting i have more than 150 / 200 fps++

I call that bullshit! I habe i7 4770k 4.2 ghz and Gtx 780. Even I cant get that

As in vsync. It was pretty obvious what I was referring but as usual you have nothing worthwhile to post so how about you do the forum a favor and piss off

lol? vsync?! ..you are a fool... in not only one way ..you simply understand very little about what you are posting...

Edited by mssing

I call that bullshit! I habe i7 4770k 4.2 ghz and Gtx 780. Even I cant get that

it is bs =) as is this thread of "help" ..op knows shit about HW and its performance and understands nothing or at best very little about these things ..lol...

Edited by mssing

it is bs =) as is this thread of "help" ..op knows shit about HW and its performance and understands nothing or at best very little about these things ..lol...

Then kindly bugger off and practice your "epic trollage" somewhere else.

Edited by TheScruffyBandit
  • Like 1

I'm about to let my MacBook Pro Retina off the hook for my DayZ gaming. Just ordered all the parts for my new gaming rig...

Gigabyte x77 mini-ITX MB, i5 3570k, 8gb Crucial Ballistix low profile 1600 RAM, EVGA GTX 760 (dual OC something or other), 120 GB SSD, 1TB sata, in a Silverstone Raven RZV01 mini-ITX case.

Will post settings and FPS after I build it next weekend.

Edit: but I will never post a glorious master race meme on Kotaku!

Edited by Crooked Hauser
  • Like 1