flyingsauce

other types of zombie?

just wanna hear other people's thoughts

i think its kinda mainstream to go different types of zombies (the fatties and the hulks to point out the common ones). i like it as it is.

but i just think the zombies in this game are just too weak. i shot a zombie on the legs and it died. feel like it's too easy to kill one if you have a decent weapon. is dayz going more into the PvP side on purpose?

i know there will be more zombies spawning in groups in the future but still m4 can take down dozens of zombies in few seconds if they are one-shot kills. its only challenging if you are a sniper.

Different sorts of zombies can be:

1) Recently dead who can still move fast and even run

2) Stale, stiff, slow ones

3) Shoegazers

4) Loners and herd zombies

5) Recently killed player avvys who rise and walk the earth (these could have loot)*

* I don't mean the RL player runs as a zombie, just that their toons can be AI implementations.

Edited by tarascon

Would love it if players that died to zombies (brain rot, or just getting hit by one) would raise as a zombie with their gear still on them.

I think it's safe to assume the damage model on zombies will change once they have the zombie population at a number they like.  Ammo will become much more scarce as well.

Realisticly speaking,zombies ingame are not "Walking Dead".

They are more like the "Weepers" from Dishonored.That means,they are infected,but alive.

But other than that,I would be in favour of the idea that the diesease could "mutate" thus offering new species of enemies

(stronger,faster or toxic).A game that utilizes zombie mutations in a very good way,is State of Decay.

I would absolutely love to have the Juggernauts type zombies from State of Decay in DayZ.

http://stateofdecay.wikia.com/wiki/Juggernaut

Off topic...

Just wanna say that I bought State of Decay about three days ago (for $10!!).

It's a lot harder to survive in the game than I'd expected. I like it and play when I need to wind down the PTS I get from playing DayZ.

That said, before any new "infected" types are implemented, I'm happy to wait for the devs to fix existing zombie (oops) bugs. I also read that the critters use a massive of memory... something like 40x the amount that anything else in-game uses. That's per critter.

Edited by tarascon

I'm ok with there being weaker zombies (ladies in rags) and stronger zombies (soldiers in helmets and flak) but toxic and mongoloid or whatever makes it cheesy. Should they spit green acid too? They're just mad people not dead. So dead players won't "rise up." And if they let you get infected well that sucks about as much as random heart attacks.