Sign in to follow this  
UnderWoods

Our fun in Berezino

A few nights ago a group of us decided to give Berenzino a look since we hadn't been there in some time.  Sitting outside the North Western section we can hear multiple shots ringing out.  Clearly a Mosin, also an M4 and what sounded like and SKS.  My group of 3 was outfitted with me (SKS w/scope), friend 1 with M4, and friend 2 with a Mosin and a LRS.  We figured we'd head for the apartments by the grocery store and see what we could see. 

We make it to the 4th floor of the apartments.  We have M4 cover the stairs while Mosin takes one of the far rooms and I take the other.  That night Berenzino was like a warzone.  So many shots being fired from all around us.  Problem was we couldn't see where they were coming from.  A short while later I can see two guys running down the road towards the store.  We get ready.  They head in to the store just as another "bambi like" player heads in from the backside.  I say bambi like because he had only a fire extinguisher on his back.  Within seconds, shots in the store.  Bambi is dead.  At this point we figure we've got bandits.  Sure enough they head into our apartment building.  M4 covers the stairs and I step back to cover the hallway leading across the top of the stairs.  Mosin pulls out his .357 and covers the hallway facing back towards me, but cant see me. 

Fisrt guy rounds the first set of stairs leading up to us and our M4 friend lets loose.  One guy dead.  From down stairs the other guy comes over comms and says "I'm not in the mood for this today man."  Our M4 responds with "then you better leave."  He doesn't nstead he creeps the stairs and manages to wound our M4 guy.  I tell our M4 guy to slide to the right in to cover and bandage.  Bandit comes to the top of the stairs to finish off friend 1 and is met with 2 rounds from my SKS.

You'd think there was a bikini party on the 4th floor that night.  People just kept coming and coming and coming.  Eventually our M4 friend was killed as was Friend 2.  I managed to kill off the rest of the people coming up that night.  Slowly worked my way out of the building while killing 2 Bambi's that were trying to punch me to death (assumed they were reincarnated versions of the bandits we killed).  I made it to cover outside Berenzino in the woods and had to log for work the next day.  I started that night with about 125 SKS rounds and ended the night with 18. 

I had a blast night.  We all did even though they died.  I guess my only question out of this is, what posses people to make those horrible decisions.  The first guy died while coming to the 4th floor, why in gods name would the 2nd guy announce himself and then try to push up to our level?  There's no loot in those building (that ive ever seen) and he was at a tacticle disadvantage.  If that were me, I would have left and been happy I survived.  The only think I can think of is that only our M4 guy talked direct comms to the guys downstairs.  Perhaps they assumed he was alone.

Well thats my story.  Hope you enjoyed it.  In all there were at least 7-10 bodies at the top of those stairs.

Edited by UnderWoods
  • Like 1

There are a lot of bad decisions made, a lot of people don't know urban warfare tactics. 

That's a valid point.  Regardless, I don't need to know a lot about urban tactics to know that when my friend dies trying to go up the stairs, I'm not going to follow.  Maybe it's the bandit mentality.  Must kill everything at all costs.

My only regret is not screen shotting the aftermath.  :(