trefu

Stuck on receiving data

Hello!

I played this mod with no problems two days ago. Then I reinstalled windows on my new SSD. After installing windows updates etc. I installed Arma II and Operation Arrowhead and updated to the latest version.

I then installed DayZ in @DayZ\Addons\. But for some reason I am unable to join servers. On all servers I have tried I am always getting stuck on "receiving data".

I'm also wondering if I will be able to play on the same character that I played on before reinstalling windows?

Maybe my character is bound to my key or something similar?

THank you in advance!

The consensus seems right now that this (as well as other issues like it being stuck on 'Waiting for server response") is due to the massive load on the database server, and that you cannot do much except keep trying.

However I have yet to see an official dev response to this issue, so this could just be conjecture.

I have both issues, this, and the 'Waiting for server response'. So even if i do get past this issue, i usually end up waiting for server responses, i have managed to get on about 3 servers all day!! They need to fix this, i bought arma 2 for this mod. £25 down the drain does not make me happy!

I have both issues' date=' this, and the 'Waiting for server response'. So even if i do get past this issue, i usually end up waiting for server responses, i have managed to get on about 3 servers all day!! They need to fix this, i bought arma 2 for this mod. £25 down the drain does not make me happy!

[/quote']

Uh, no. The developers made this mod not expecting any profit. Just because you paid £25 it doesn't mean that they have to rush to fix this, because not a single dollar or pound is going towards them. In actuality, you paid £25 for Combined Operations and to Bohemia Interactive.

Seriously, there are alot of us who want to donate to the devs to either say thanks, or pay for servers.

I'd be more than willing to fork out £40 for what they have done so far, ive killed more time on the mod than most games i buy

This has been happening all day.

Why is there persistence across servers? It is really bottlenecking the game.

I have both issues' date=' this, and the 'Waiting for server response'. So even if i do get past this issue, i usually end up waiting for server responses, i have managed to get on about 3 servers all day!! They need to fix this, i bought arma 2 for this mod. £25 down the drain does not make me happy!

[/quote']

Uh, no. The developers made this mod not expecting any profit. Just because you paid £25 it doesn't mean that they have to rush to fix this, because not a single dollar or pound is going towards them. In actuality, you paid £25 for Combined Operations and to Bohemia Interactive.

I never said they were, but even if they dont get any profit, they should still have they servers up, its there to play, and half of us cant play it! I would happily donate to them to get better servers, its a brilliant game/mod, its just a massive dissapointment and alot of us cant play. :dodgy:

Seriously' date=' there are alot of us who want to donate to the devs to either say thanks, or pay for servers.

I'd be more than willing to fork out £40 for what they have done so far, ive killed more time on the mod than most games i buy

[/quote']

I think the devs are worried that opening donations of any kind would put them in a position where they "owe" something to the community. I can understand why they would like to avoid this situation.

[/quote']

I never said they were, but even if they dont get any profit, they should still have they servers up, its there to play, and half of us cant play it! I would happily donate to them to get better servers, its a brilliant game/mod, its just a massive dissapointment and alot of us cant play. :dodgy:

Oh dear god. This is one of the problems when something as epic as this mod gets the publicity it has got. I don't think any of the new players actually understand the complexity of Arma, and have this thought they have an absolute god-given right to play this, because they spent x amount on it.

Sorry bud, I spent £50 on all 3 extensions of Arma 2. But then this was well before the current trend.

People just have to be patient, these people are not paid to make/run this game. They're doing this of their own backs for free. Show some appreciation and respect, please!

[/quote']

Oh dear god. This is one of the problems when something as epic as this mod gets the publicity it has got. I don't think any of the new players actually understand the complexity of Arma, and have this thought they have an absolute god-given right to play this, because they spent x amount on it.

Sorry bud, I spent £50 on all 3 extensions of Arma 2. But then this was well before the current trend.

People just have to be patient, these people are not paid to make/run this game. They're doing this of their own backs for free. Show some appreciation and respect, please!

Yeah, i get that, but the point is here, that this should not be happening, i know its only in alpha, and they get no profit, but, Its here to play, and we cant play, now i dont mind waiting, i just want to know that they are working on it. ^^