kicktd

Tents still duping/losing items 1.7.1.5

Same issues on US368. We spent hours moving tents from one location to another. Saving the old tents, not even removing them for the most part. Yet today (this actually two restarts later as earlier they were still "clean") they were full again.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FIX THE TENTS!!!

I have resorted to using my communities Ural to store my gear because NOTHING saves after a restart. I have used multiple tents and multiple steps to prevent this from happening with no luck.

I have to put my gear in my community ural, which is not safe at all. For 1 it is big and blue so the chances of it and my ggear being stolen are pretty good. Also, everything in the vehicles is shared community loot. So my members just take all my shit.

Please hurry and fix this, I would like to be able to collect gear.

IS A MASSIVE PROBLEM ATM AND HAS TO BE FIXED SOON! ...plx :)

Same happen to me and my friends every server restart. And its not only the tents ist also cars.

build a camp. next time after server restart some cars are missed other are on other possisions (always like ~10 meters away from safe point).

in details:

first restart: get a bus, an GAZ and an old hatchback, parked in a row and safed 10 times. After server restart: bus on the same position, old hatchback beside him (moved from behind him) and GAZ is gone.

- get a Skoda, changed place about 1mile away from old camp new tents and the cars (one beside the other, order: Bus, old hatchback, Skoda)

a few restarts later: GAZ apears on exactly the same position as is was safed befor restartlost with all inside it.

next restart: old hatchback and Skoda are gone. bus was ~10meters from safe position away and a bit destroyed.

- found a bicicle. safed it with the GAZ few meters away from the other things behind a tree. Yesterday!

next server restart (today): GAZ is gone. all tents are crashed in the new camp and in the old camp. bus like ~20 meters away from old safespot, without wheels. bicycle still there.

edit (25.07.12):

next server restart: All tents back with items inside expect the one witch was empty before. Bus repaired again. Cars still lost.

this is not fun :(

some notes: safe all that is no problem we are rly paranoid so we safe all everytime 10 times :)

According to one of my clan-mates it is a coding problem. In one of the recent patches tents replicate themselves until the server is maxed out (about 1 million tents). With so many tents there is supposedly a bunch of tents with the same ID and, since they technically do not exist, everything in them is lost. My friend Micheal and I had stored an AS50, 2 DMR's and 2 AKM's along with about 10 mags of each in a tent and saved it. Logged in the next morning and everything was gone. Seems like only tents that were placed before the patch are unaffected as our clan tents are still up and full.

Can not confirm. A tent set up yesterday works like a charm. Others, set up 2 days back, lose everything you store in there after server restart. A tent 2 weeks old works fine again. I fail to see a pattern so far.

i've lost 2 M107, 3 FN fal NVG and other big item ... i rage --"

confirm

pitching them is a pain too

Edited by Dimes123

Tents are still reverting to earlier states and duping items as of 1.7.2.4.

yeah the whole duping items that inside of tents that dupe is becoming a pain to deal with, have to keep packing up the extra tents that spawn up and let the stuff inside of them just disappear eventually, but does no good once server is restarted back to square one, rinse and repeat. I've heard the staff on here are getting upset at people "duping" items with tents, well kinda hard when you can't help it, same goes for any vehicle, kinda glad for that bug for once because I put a FN-FAL with NV scope and the M249 that I found at a heli crash in a tent, saved it several times and it was gone next restart but was back in my ATV. Surprised this wasn't fixed in 1.7.2.4 I thought it would be with the whole ID thing being fixed but if you're confirming they are still duping on 1.7.2.4 than I fail to see WHY such a major bug hasn't been fixed yet? I mean I know rocket has to be aware of it, because the staff on here have even reported that they know of the issue.

Edited by kicktd

Confirmed on Freeside 2. Took a tent down and replaced it, dropped a wire fence kit inside and saved it. On server restart the tent was empty. Ran back to another group of tents I had tried to place in 1.7.2.3 that were duped 3 high (had removed them prior to restart) and they were back.

I unfortunately have to report that, despite the patch notes, tents are STILL bugged (as in, deleting all contents on server restart) on 1.7.2.4. Even worse, some tents that worked before now seem to be bugged and reverting to a previous state.

Edited by takfar

We lost everything TWICE in our vehicle, one after the first patch yesterday night, and one after the patch this morning... :(

Weapons, ammos, backpacks, ... That's not fun!

today i found my tent and its items deleted. might have been the update... but its still bs. just pitching one is a pain

This morning I come back and i have lost an m4 cco, m4 SD, m16 203, 10 stanag mags, 4 m203 HE, 19 stanag SD mags, 2 NV goggles, and some medical supplies. Yes, I am pissed off.

We haven't been able to get 1 out of 30 tents to work. We searched all over every town market for tent after tent. Stole around 15. Not one is saving items with any trick. Now vehicle inventories are REVERTING back to 1.7.2.3 inventories! This is beyond frustrating.

We're constantly raiding camps that keep respawning on server boots and we don't get to keep any of the gear because it all disappears from our vehicles on server boots. We also know the location of a tent that keeps respawning an L85 AWS so we can basically pick one up whenever someone dies.

Yep Same here i Raid a Camp everyday after restart the items are back to his owner tents but yesterday it was only 4 NVG today it was 8. i hope this will be fixet soon. my Truck has no place for more NVG, GPS, Camo and other stuff.

btw i made a camp today with 5 tents and build a new truck on a other server after restart the tents and the truck are gone (facepalm)...

Confirmed on multiple occasions.

Put gear in tent,

saved tent,

stuck with tent until server-restart,

after server-restart all gone.

Also we keep finding stuff duplicated with every server-restart in our neighbours tent.

Confirmed on multiple occasions.

Put gear in tent,

saved tent,

stuck with tent until server-restart,

after server-restart all gone.

Also we keep finding stuff duplicated with every server-restart in our neighbours tent.

It seems like a lot of servers have this. Talked to the hoster of my regular server, and he doesn't even have a clue if his server is running the 0.7.2 hotfix.

0.7.2 is to fix the tents, right?

Had the same issue on US 88 running 1.7.2.4... a tent duped itself from relocation and all items saved in it were deleted. Other friends who had not relocated their tent had their items deleted as well. Furthermore, old tent sites -- sites that had been packed up and moved days ago -- are now respawning on server restarts with items duplicated from last save.

Good thing this is only an Alpha release.