kicktd

Tents still duping/losing items 1.7.1.5

I got bored with all the tents I've got sitting in a tent because of the tent duping bug, decided to put some out to test the "fixed tents"...now I can't get rid of the 5 tents I don't want because they are still bugged. Now my camp looks like I'm duping on purpose because of all the tents *sigh*. So far don't have "stacking" tent syndrome but doesn't matter if I pack my tents they always come back and haunt me. Make the nightmare go away rocket, I dream of tents chasing me in my sleep now with sharp teeth wanting to eat everything I have, save me from these evil tents our glorious mod and now stand alone game maker dev guru rocket!

• Like 1

Make the nightmare go away rocket, I dream of tents chasing me in my sleep now with sharp teeth wanting to eat everything I have, save me from these evil tents our glorious mod and now stand alone game maker dev guru rocket!

:lol: )))

it's a really annoying bug though, should be fixed ASAP

Edited by grinke

Yeah placed one tent and got 4 that come back on server reset.

Rocket please put the fix in a hot patch.

How about this for an idea. The rampant amount of tents on servers is making the use of tents in this game really silly

Here is my idea. Every character has an unique UID so what you do is you assign tents placement to the player who has the tents .i know it already does that but this is where I thinkit will get better , you limit the amount of tents an UID can place. This limits duping and makes the whole fact of hoardings little more of a challenge. The best pat of this game the decision do i keep this or do I take that. What is the point when you can take it all.

what i have noticed with tents on 1.7.2.4:

if you pitch a tent, sometimes it will respawn twice after server restart, an empty tent spawning at the exact same position,

covering the tent which contains your items. this just happened after i set up my tent city like a week ago.

all tents saved fine, except for one, which seem to be bugged.

then i noticed i get two gear indicators when i looked at the tent from different angles. all items were saved in the

other tent, but items i put in the new tent won't save. also can't pack up the new tent.

i think this somehow happens when the place where you pitched it is not 100% plain level, or the tent glitched on top of some obstacle.

so if you have a tent which didn't save any items, make sure there is not another tent in your tent.

tentception.

good luck.

Our tents ate 7 ghillie suits 4 L85's and 5 AS50's, that and a bunch of NVG's / Rangefinders / GPS's all earned legitly.. so me and my 7 friends are basically all pissed as hell atm the one tent there goes my brilliant idea to put up a couple tents for good loot only..

I have same problem got As50 2Fals n ammo few bits n bobs and 2 bags in it when save items in the bags at tent,

I leave and go back the items in bags have gone like meds n shit but gear out of bags that is in tent t is still there

This is happening on my server as well. I upgraded to 1.7.2.5 then downgraded back to .4 because it wasnt on six launcher. Even tho i downgraded, all our cars arn't saving items. They will just have whatever it had before i updated it when i restart the server. Tents are the same way. Our heli doesnt save its location.

It also seems if we place a tent and put something in it, it will save THAT after the restart, but After that restart that save whatever you put on it wont save anymore

Example:

Place a new tent, put in a DMR mag.

Restart server

The new tent will have the dmr mag.

Put somthing else in the tent and restart server

Only the DMR mag will be in there.

It only seems to remember 1 time.

Edited by Klaz48

This is seriously just making it annoying to play... Everyone has the best possible loadouts, and don't give a d*** if they lose it... since on the next restart it's right back in their tents! And there's no incentive to go get loot, since you can't save it!

• Like 1

Yes the Tents are very buggy and when the system works fine we must have reset of all tents.

One think more piss me off namely that tents from death players never disappear.

This is annoying as hell. On the one had we have people exploiting it like mad so they can replace their epic gear each time they die yet on the other hand you have genuine players like me that want to stash some odd bits like spare matches, food, medical supplies, ammo, different gun etc Only for the broken bugged to shit tent/vehicle to delete your gear or revert to a previous save when you only had a tin of beans in the tent!

Why aren't choppers saving either? They are so hard to find and the two we have found over the last month have just failed to save and vanished at the first restart...

Yeah I know it's an Alpha as the fanbh0ys will cry but this crap does nothing for the game. The duping of gear is the reason why we get random squads of blinged up to the max with uber gear clanmates jumping on the server and shooting up all the noobs then quitting the second they die to return to their home server and re-equip on their duped gear.

It's worth pointing out that script kiddies encourage people to duplicate gear because people feel it's justified if some little faggot teleports you into the sea or kills you with a mass kill script. Most honest people can handle losing their stuff to a legit kill maybe even to a bug or glitch but not to some bored 12 year old brat on summer holidays with nothing else better to do.

• Like 2

Yup, just want to add my voice to the call to have these effing tents sorted out as they are crucial to some continuity, strategy and longevity in the game. When I say sorted out, I mean that when I put something in a tent it stays there, when I take it out it is gone from the tent and when I pack a tent it does not reappear after a server restart so that no duping is possible. I think this would mean getting rid of that "Save old camping tent" command kludge. The tent should sync with the hive automatically upon interaction or a few seconds afterwards.

May I also suggest, that if a player pitched a tent on a server, then they can only pitch tents on that server until all their tents are removed or they are killed and that tents are automatically and unconditionally deleted, with all the gear, within days of the players death.

Edited by thepointyend

Me and my friends have been having problems with saving as well. It doesn't seem ANYTHING but the players save into the Hive. Tents, vehicles and barbed wire all reset on server restarts. We've witnessed this on DK1, UK122 (or similar), Norway 39 and FI21 so far.

woooow yes if u put a new tent down it never saves ur items and will delete them.... u guys havent figured this out yet? u need to place the tent and leave it empty for 1-3 server resets before it will save stuff, currently with 2.5 there is a hive issue that when the server resets its reseting to the day of the patch not the last reset so ur vehicles and items will be like it was when the patch came out

This is also happening with all vehicles. They eat gear and keep returning to old save points (they appear to be relocated to the spots they were saved at pre-patch).

I'm talking about 1.7.2.5, btw.

Edited by Kruse

Here's my issue:

Placed tent. Saved tent.

Placed barbed wire to go along back of tent, barbed wire acutally went alongside tent... Tried to take wire down, tent blocked it.

Removed tent.

Removed barbed wire.

Re placed tent.

Everything fine. Server restarts...

Barbed wire returns, as do BOTH tents. again blocking the middle stick to remove wire.

So it's got to a point now, where when i log in, 3 tents are there and the wire.

I have to take them all down everytime i load up(after a server restart) just so nobody spots them. Obviously i have other tents now that i use, been still its such a pain in the ass.

Saving should not be the job of the player!!!

• Like 1

woooow yes if u put a new tent down it never saves ur items and will delete them.... u guys havent figured this out yet? u need to place the tent and leave it empty for 1-3 server resets before it will save stuff, currently with 2.5 there is a hive issue that when the server resets its reseting to the day of the patch not the last reset so ur vehicles and items will be like it was when the patch came out

Not anymore, tents do not work no matter how many server restarts you leave them for.

what r u talking about man, i no they dont thats what we are saying normally u have to wait a few server resets, what ur talking about has already been posted pointyend, about vehicles going back to where they were when last saved in .4

what r u talking about man, i no they dont thats what we are saying normally u have to wait a few server resets, what ur talking about has already been posted pointyend, about vehicles going back to where they were when last saved in .4

Will you please learn proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation, please?

• Like 1

Jester,

OK, this is getting confusing. I don't have any vehicles, just tents. I suspect we are saying the same thing but for the sake of clarity...

In 1.7.2.4, tents would sometimes only save items if you waited for a server restart. This, everybody has figured out.

The problem is that in 1.7.2.5, tents do not save anything at anytime. The old work around of waiting for a server restart does not work anymore. I have tents that have been through dozens of restarts, no change. They don't work and there there is no way, that I can see, for me to get my tents to save anything now.

Jester, do you agree or have you got some tents to work?

Edited by thepointyend

Thanks Caine, I assume the inventory code would fix tents too. Looks like just a server patch is required :thumbsup:

Yeah I wonder why this issue isn't worth of hot fix :D