kicktd

Tents still duping/losing items 1.7.1.5

Same thing with tents & offroad me and my friends use. Tested on different servers.

I'd like to add reports of tents eating items. Just nothing left in it. It hadn't been packed up though, was a new tent placed the first time.

Same thing happened to me and my buddy. Tent duped at least 4 times. We re-scavenged for our items and put everything back into the tent. Gone. happened to us at least 4 times in 1 day.

I had the same thing happen to me. Can I ask you guys something?

Do you know whether or not the LAST ACTION taken with the tent was to save it, or if someone swapped loot in/out of the tent after the last time it was saved, and then the server restarted?

I had two tents. One had coyote pack, NVG's, L85, med supplies, etc. I thought I would see what would happen if I saved items in the tent and then pick the items back up out of the tent. If it gets me an easy pair of NVG's I'm totally down.

Well it didn't work, and all my supplies were gone from the one tent I tried this on. Not just the things I tried to dupe, but ALL the items in the tent, including 8 or so blood bags, 6 morphines, etc.

Think this could be the cause for you guys too?

Also have had problems with my tents

I had the same thing happen to me. Can I ask you guys something?

Do you know whether or not the LAST ACTION taken with the tent was to save it' date=' or if someone swapped loot in/out of the tent after the last time it was saved, and then the server restarted?

I had two tents. One had coyote pack, NVG's, L85, med supplies, etc. I thought I would see what would happen if I saved items in the tent and then pick the items back up out of the tent. If it gets me an easy pair of NVG's I'm totally down.

Well it didn't work, and all my supplies were gone from the one tent I tried this on. Not just the things I tried to dupe, but ALL the items in the tent, including 8 or so blood bags, 6 morphines, etc.

Think this could be the cause for you guys too?

[/quote']

So you tried to dupe your stuff and you lost it all?

I know a girl you might know. Her name is Karma.

Yep, this stuff managed to make my 3 tents into 12 tents, and to loose all the gear in it.

fix pl0x

same here,

all items lost in two seperate tents when we placed and filled them, to come back on server next day / few hours later.

first time we thought it might have been because the owner didn't save the tent, cam back to find it empty. packed up and placed again at another location. second time he saved several times. came back to find it empty. packed up and now we have two, as i also looted one from a kill. will make sure to keep them until this has been looked into.

we will check tomorrow if there are any dublicate tents spawning...

i mean, free tents after all and a refund for the items we lost :p

i think this has to do with the tent wipe, which was announced for 1.7.1.5

so hopefully 1.7.2 will fix this.

bring on the updateeeeee

i have my inventory packed with stuff i need to store somewhere .______.

I can confirm this as well. Not so much that tents are duping, at least me and my group haven't noticed that bug after 1.7.1.5, however weapons have been dissappearing from our tents. One silenced M4 and one DMR have vanished. DMR vanished during the night 'til today.

At first glance I thought our camp had been found and raided, but we have a few other decent weapons, ammo, food, meds, car parts, everything is untouched except for these two weapons.

Also, the DMR that was lost some time during the night, 3 mags that was in the same tent as the weapon itself dissappeared also, but we have another 3 mags for it in another tent, same goes for the M4A3 that was lost a couple of days back.

This tells me that our camp has not been found and raided. Who, in their right set of mind, finds a camp site, takes a DMR with 3 mags but doesn't bother to check all the other tents and take the other 3 DMR mags, and so on and so on.. it just doesn't make any sense at all.

Same deal here, had a fresh tent down with a bunch of mid tier weapons in it. We went the extra yard to find a perfect place to set a tent down. The server turned to nightime right before we logged out. So nobody but a hacker would have been able to navigate through the forest to find it when i logged in to check 2-3 hours later and it was pitch black. Im not joking about how sneaky we were either. We literally logged onto a diff server to find the spot. Then logged back onto our usual server to actually place it, so we knew we didnt have a tail.

I know that sounds cheap on how we placed the tent but i had to make sure it was an actual bug since my last tent was wiped clean on a server restart. Im going to put in a tin can right now to see if its gone tomarrow, just to be 100% sure. The server only had like 10 ppl on it when we logged, and it was almost night as well. So im almost completely sure it was just a bug that wiped our stuff. Off to do some testing to be sure.

I thought i should mention, the last thing i did before i logged off was use the "save tent" option.

Aight, so i put in a soda can instead. I logged on just before this post to look for my tent, and it was completely gone. Not only the soda can, the whole tent just vanished. I saved it at least 3 times before i logged off about 4 hours earlier. When i get another tent i suppose i might try laying it down and saving it only once rather then 3-4 times. Ill prolly put in something worthless ofc like a tin can or something. A bit more testing i suppose, ill prolly ask what ppl are doing to currently save tents as well atm.

Have seen numerous examples on the map of several tens being set up with no gear in them, obviously being used to dupe items.

In my opinion, get rid of tents altogether until it's no longer possible to dupe. I do not like that fact that I have to search for 20 hours to get a gun that somebody else can get by having a friend dupe theirs.

Same experience here as most others; we were setting up camp but had poor placement. We tried replacing them, and we ended up with a perfect spot. Filled it up with nothing too fancy but still good supplies for where we were at.

Log back in the next morning, we suddenly have two tents now. Both of which were empty.

Having decided that it could be the location, and because the first tent was poorly placed, we decided to move.

Having walked an hour we found a near perfect spot to place a tent at, but alas - filling that one just before a server reset was poor planning. We've lost everything again.

It'd be great if this could be a priority to fix.

Same here. We had loads of tents with gear on them. Some vehicles seem to do the same shit. The gear just vanishes from it.

:(

I've had quite a lot of vanishing/duplication bugs related to placing items in tents/people's backpacks, re-logging in and out and having either no items or double.

For instance, I put my NVG's in my friend's backpack while i went to loot the NW airfield. I also took out his tent. Looted the North Barracks, popped a couple of dudes, came back and exchanged our gear. I noticed that my debug monitor had disappeared, so i re-logged, and my nightvision was gone, and we both had a tent each, and my murders were reset? What?

Also had duplication bugs when changing clothing very fast, the option just stays there, you spam click it, realize something must be wrong with your connection and re-log, then you come back and there's a dead body of yourself there with all the same loot. Strange.

had my items deleted aswell. the tent seems completly useless right now because of this issue. so far 3 tents on 3 different servers all had my items deleted. i even tested it by putting useless items in the tent (like flash lights and empty cans) to make SURE no one was looting my tents, and sure enough they all vanished. so i know it wasnt a looter because no one would loot a bunch of empty cans and flashlights.

Same today

3 tents lost with stuff...

Not only are our tents deleting items but they delete themselves. Then they reappear a few restarts later with all our stuff in them!

Same

3 tents full of stuff after restart all empty !!

Nice !!!

Server : Chicago 44

Really annoying, lost 17 morphine and 14 bloodbags, numerous food, water and weapons. This one bug needs addressed and fast. after that happened last nite it made the countless hours (over 9-10 days) POINTLESS!!!

Reading previous posts this issue has been long ignored and it should really take priority.

• Like 1

For me the tents haven't been eating my items, just duplicating. This is annoying because the tents have been put in a spot that's nearly impossible to see unless you know they are there, BUT when they dupe on top of each other it makes them WAY more easy to see.

I would just store all my important stuff in a car, but I've heard they glitch and delete as well. Or someone could steal it. Good luck finding it though haha.

I tried to set up a tent on SE 3 server about half'n hour ago south of Novy Sobor. The tent did not set up so I moved a bit and tried again. Still no good so I try again. After a few more tries the game starts the setting up animation, and suddenly there are tents all over the place. Now there are around 20 tents in that one location.

Date/Time: 6.June.2012/approx. 18:00

What happened: Tent began duplicating after trying to find a good spot to set it up.

Where you were: South of Novy Sobor, Dayz server SE 3

What you were doing: Setting up a tent

*Current installed version:1.7.1.5, 94444

*Server(s) you were on: SE 3

*Your system specs: Win 7, Intel i7, Geforce GT 540M

*Timeline of events before/after error: Tried to set up a tent several times, found a spot where it did and after setting up tents began to appear to locations where tried to set up previously.

Just posting to bump since this happened to me too. I was hoping to see something from a dev at least acknowledging the situation or even better a plan of action. I have been playing a few weeks now and I would really like to have tents working since I 'still' have not found a vehicle on the servers I play on.