Sign in to follow this  
forshizl

Where are Mosins

Ok so I just got the game recently and am addicted already.(28 hours in) I made my way to the NW airfield with my buddy and we get on everyday and loot the airfield and military base down the road. I am now pretty geared up but I can NOT find a Mosin or Hunting Rifle.

Me and my buddy both have a M4 and find Sks and pistols everywhere, but can not seem to be able to find a long range rifle like the Mosin or Hunting Rifle. Any spots that they usually spawn in? We have thoroughly looted the Airfield and Military Base plenty of times. We have even found a long range scope, but no Mosin or Hunting Rifle. Please tell where you have found your Mosin or Hunting Rifle. Thanks :thumbsup:

Reason being is that I don't want to have to be in close quarters combat as it freaks me out. So I figure if I can get a sniper, I can watch my buddy's back as he loots.

Mosins are generally found in civilian/school buildings I believe (I find mines in those corner-coffee shops). Not sure if that's been changed, as I can't play again until I get a new decent computer.

yeah i agree with the above poster, to add onto his information.

i have found mosins in piano houses, on top of the small roof of the school building etc, they are quite rare, tho yesterday i found 3 in svet (one in the school building, 2 in piano houses), witch i then picked up and dropped on the traintrack to hide them.. (i hide random guns i find, if you dont have a gun you cant shoot me, logic)

Edited by mosibfu

yeah i agree with the above poster, to add onto his information.

i have found mosins in piano houses, on top of the small roof of the school building etc, they are quite rare, tho yesterday i found 3 in svet (one in the school building, 2 in piano houses), witch i then picked up and dropped on the traintrack to hide them.. (i hide random guns i find, if you dont have a gun you cant shoot me, logic)

Piano houses rarely spawn mosin now. Most of the time its the B95. Mosin you need to find the coffee house, Police Station or the School building. LRS you need to find it in barracks.

"where are mosins?"

EVERYWHERE and there are too many of them

Hospitals spawn Mosin and other guns, third floor and the second room to the left. :)

Svetlojarsk - 50/50  chance you will get an SKS or Mosin. If you fancy the M4 then just take a short walk to the ship or NE airfield. In about an hour of being a new spawn you should be geared up pretty good if you head up there