Sign in to follow this  
x3picr3aperx

Cosmetics or a bug?

Okay, so I have a silencer and a flashlight for my guns. And none of them seem to work. The flash light I have for my FN pistol doesn't seem to go on. I have a fully charged battery in it, and when I click to turn it on, I don't see the light, even when I'm in the dark. Also my M4 has a silencer, and one, it doesn't sound silent at all...even when I shot it, it attracted a lot of zombies. 

Well full powered rifle ammunition has to be cold-loaded to work with the kind of suppressor in game, meaning you're looking for EXTREMELY rare ammunition to achieve the silenced effect you want. As far as the gun light, I've had similar issues. I believe, like the headlamp, its lighting ability was not finished before the item was implemented.

No flashlight currently works during the day time, but I have personally seen them all work during the night time. They also shine through walls, so I tend not to use them. Flashlights are supposed to work during the day right now on the experimental build, but I have not had the chance to test it yet.

As for suppressors, the current weapon sounds are just place holders and most, if not all of them will be changed. The current M4 sound is a somewhat accurate representation of what an M4 would sound like with just a suppressor shooting supersonic rounds.

Edited by ChekovP

FNX flash light works.(Put battery in, attach, turn on)On stable you can only see the beam at night. On experimental, you can see the beam during the day although it is faint.

They have slightly fixed the light going through objects, but I am unsure of how much. I did notice it doesn't go through all walls, but some objects inside buildings still cause the light to go through it.

Well full powered rifle ammunition has to be cold-loaded to work with the kind of suppressor in game, meaning you're looking for EXTREMELY rare ammunition to achieve the silenced effect you want. As far as the gun light, I've had similar issues. I believe, like the headlamp, its lighting ability was not finished before the item was implemented.

What other type of ammunition would the M4 shoot?

Don't pay attention to that kid.  He was just trolling you.  The silencers are definitely not working yet and the flashlight thing is most likely a bug.  Try to find a different flashlight attachment and give it another shot.

• Like 1

No one asked so far so i take the shot: could it be that ruined/badly damaged lights wont work? What's the state of the OP's lights?

They are still working on attachments, but as far as I know the bayonet is almost done, because my character bugged once and he was like with an invisible gun on his hands and every time I clicked he did a bayonet animation (or like a rifle butt). Was happening all the time and I had to reinstall the game, lol

is that flashlight badly damaged? if so i dont think it works, the supressor, just go onto any other weapon thread and there are about 50 people trying to say how it works to do with supersonic/subsonic ammo, also at night the supressor does 'supress' muzzle flash i think

...I just said... cold loaded 5.56x45

No one asked so far so i take the shot: could it be that ruined/badly damaged lights wont work? What's the state of the OP's lights?

It was in worn condition

Okay, so I have a silencer and a flashlight for my guns. And none of them seem to work. The flash light I have for my FN pistol doesn't seem to go on. I have a fully charged battery in it, and when I click to turn it on, I don't see the light, even when I'm in the dark. Also my M4 has a silencer, and one, it doesn't sound silent at all...even when I shot it, it attracted a lot of zombies. 

Silencer attachements don't work at the moment.  Check the Dev Tracker thread.  Chris Torchia commented on this yesterday in regards to why the new incoming silenced Ruger Mk II will be silent while other aren't working properly.  

Secondly, to turn on weapon lights you have to right-click turn on from the inventory screen I believe (couldn't tell if this is what you meant when you said "click to turn it on").  There is no key binding that will work at this time.