Sign in to follow this  
MetalSpoon

Can I run it?

Post your specs in here to have a more accurate answer: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/154395-can-i-run-dayz-retail-post-here/

But pretty much yeah, and i think better than in minimun.

Thanks! I'll go see. I have played various games on minimum for 2 years now, so I don't mind playing min.

If I can't run low or med on 30+ consistently, minimum it is

Hey guys, Im running Quad AMD 640s, ATI Radeon 4200 HD, 8 GB ram. can I run dayz on min?

CPU should be ok, Not perfect but it's enough to play.

ATI 4200 is an IGP, it's pretty much identical to the HD3200 and the minimum requirement for this game is a HD3830, it isn't even close to fast enough. Drop 750TI or another midrange GPU in that system and it should be pretty good, though.

However, you seem to want to maintain 30FPS at a minimum. Very few people are currently able to do this, given the state of the games optimizations and some issues which I believe are due to be addressed soon.

For comparisons sake.

Both my 955BE @ 3.6GHz, 8Gb of 1333 DDR3 and r9 270 and my friends i5 2500k with a GTX760 drop belove 30 fps, sometimes as far as the low 20s regardless of settings.

Once those issues are fixed, I'd amuse your current CPU and RAM will be enough for a decent gaming experience with a new graphics card fitted, but that's mostly guesswork and speculation if I'm honest. If you're not willing to accept poor FPS currently, you have very little choice but not to play till the game is in a more complete state.

Edited by TheScruffyBandit

CPU should be ok, Not perfect but it's enough to play.

ATI 4200 is an IGP, it's pretty much identical to the HD3200 and the minimum requirement for this game is a HD3830, it isn't even close to fast enough. Drop 750TI or another midrange GPU in that system and it should be pretty good, though.

However, you seem to want to maintain 30FPS at a minimum. Very few people are currently able to do this, given the state of the games optimizations and some issues which I believe are due to be addressed soon.

For comparisons sake.

Both my 955BE @ 3.6GHz, 8Gb of 1333 DDR3 and r9 270 and my friends i5 2500k with a GTX760 drop belove 30 fps, sometimes as far as the low 20s regardless of settings.

Once those issues are fixed, I'd amuse your current CPU and RAM will be enough for a decent gaming experience with a new graphics card fitted, but that's mostly guesswork and speculation if I'm honest. If you're not willing to accept poor FPS currently, you have very little choice but not to play till the game is in a more complete state.

So I can buy that GFX card even tho i have integrated? 

So I can buy that GFX card even tho i have integrated? 

Almost certainly. Check that you have a PCI-E 16x slot, but I very much doubt your motherboard is lacking one.

Yeah, I do. Idk if I wanna drop 150 though. Would the 750T1 bottleneck my processor?

No. If anything your processor would be the weak link in most games, DayZ more so than most.

No. If anything your processor would be the weak link in most games, DayZ more so than most.

So that would balance them so they are on the same level?

So that would balance them so they are on the same level?

No. A 750TI is quite alot more modern than your processor.

It would simply be a decent graphics card for a not too huge cash outlay and would allow you to play this game to a reasonable level.

Hmm, I guess Im almost better dropping 400-500 on a new decent comp

You're getting to that stage, yeah. The good news is, some of those parts can be carried over. Hard disks and memory (amusing you're using DDR3)

My advice would be do a staged upgrade: Graphics card now, Motherboard and CPU later if you're short on funds.

If you're building a computer for DayZ right now, I'd highly recommend the r9 270 or 270x and the i5 4670k.

You're getting to that stage, yeah. The good news is, some of those parts can be carried over. Hard disks and memory (amusing you're using DDR3)

My advice would be do a staged upgrade: Graphics card now, Motherboard and CPU later if you're short on funds.

If you're building a computer for DayZ right now, I'd highly recommend the r9 270 or 270x and the i5 4670k.

Yeah, I actually already have a "computer". I think it would need a new GFX card, new processor, new RAM, and maybe a new motherboard. I know thats alot, but it saves me good in HDD, PSU, case, and such. What would you suggest for that, on a budget?

Yeah, I actually already have a "computer". I think it would need a new GFX card, new processor, new RAM, and maybe a new motherboard. I know thats alot, but it saves me good in HDD, PSU, case, and such. What would you suggest for that, on a budget?

If can work it into your budget, an i5 4670k is by far the best bang for the buck gaming CPU around currently.

GPU wise, the best value tend to be in the upper mid-range and lower high end: So, I'd recomend the 750TI, r9 270 and GTX760, depending on your budget.

OR for $120 + tax you can get an AMD quad core A8 6600k at 3.9GHz /4.4GHz Turbo (keeps it in warranty)  with 8GB DDR3 1600MHz for $80ish and a decent FM2 Motherboard for $80/$150 and the 650Ti and everything will be peachy (PNY GTX 650Ti is $149 w/ a lifetime warranty) and that's what I use and well lets say I can play max gfx but it's not optimized yet... but I can also play things like WoW, AA PG, APB:R etc etc all on max gfx with out lag (other then latency of the internet)

in fact both systems in my signature play the game full just the game needs severe optimization.

I'm so glad you're helping me. If you could bear with me, I will explain what this other computer has

Motherboard: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813123236

Ram http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145026 X4

GFX: http://www.amd.com/us/products/desktop/graphics/other/Pages/x1950-specifications.aspx

PSU http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371006

And my processor... Ehm Its AMD. I cannot actually plug the computer in to a monitor because cables arent compatiable. 

What I'm hoping is I can, at least for right now, get away with only replacing GPU and processor. If that is not the case, please tell me otherwise

But if it is, how would this hold up?

Processor

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0093H8HXS/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B0093H8HXS&linkCode=as2&tag=c09_11-20 GPU

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130841 

Thoughts?

OR for $120 + tax you can get an AMD quad core A8 6600k at 3.9GHz /4.4GHz Turbo (keeps it in warranty)  with 8GB DDR3 1600MHz for $80ish and a decent FM2 Motherboard for $80/$150 and the 650Ti and everything will be peachy (PNY GTX 650Ti is $149 w/ a lifetime warranty) and that's what I use and well lets say I can play max gfx but it's not optimized yet... but I can also play things like WoW, AA PG, APB:R etc etc all on max gfx with out lag (other then latency of the internet)

in fact both systems in my signature play the game full just the game needs severe optimization.

Thanks for that tip! However I am trying to get away from my old computer. Also, I do not need or really want to play max GFX, I would rather play medium @60-80 vs max @30-40

Thanks for that tip! However I am trying to get away from my old computer. Also, I do not need or really want to play max GFX, I would rather play medium @60-80 vs max @30-40

well then your in luck scratch the 650Ti save yourself $150 and use the A8's bulit in GPU becuase it's a CPU/GPU in one and that will let you play on med/high easy as I could play APB:R on med high with minor stutter when on high

___ did not want to double post ___

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813132055 ASUS A88XM-PLUS/CSM $92 (Could get a $57 board but this one has a bit better features)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113333 AMD A8-6600K Richland 3.9GHz $119

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820104387 Kingston HyperX Black Series 8GB (2 x 4GB)  $89

check out the motherboards here http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100007625%2050001315%20600474773&IsNodeId=1&name=ASUS

Edited by s32ialx

well then your in luck scratch the 650Ti save yourself $150 and use the A8's bulit in GPU becuase it's a CPU/GPU in one and that will let you play on med/high easy as I could play APB:R on med high with minor stutter when on high

I'm not sure if I want to do a integrated type thing. Could you link me to one of these A8s? 

EDIT:

I see you linked them to me. I assume, the $120 one is the best one. Say I don't like the integrated graphics and later I want to upgrade, does it have PCI x16 (?) so I can put say a 650 or 750 TI in it?

Also, how respectable of a processor is it on its own, without the GPU

EDIT EDIT:

Wow Im blind, I see you posted some RAM and Motherboard

Edited by MetalSpoon

I'm not sure if I want to do a integrated type thing. Could you link me to one of these A8s? 

EDIT:

I see you linked them to me. I assume, the $120 one is the best one. Say I don't like the integrated graphics and later I want to upgrade, does it have PCI x16 (?) so I can put say a 650 or 750 TI in it?

Edited my post to prevent double posted sorry! the intergated to the CPU is all AMD is doing from now on it's the only option as they are canning there AM3 lines as they do not and will NEVER support PCI-E 3.0 but the APU chipsets FM2 do...

The intergrated GPU in the APU (Advanced Processing Unit CPU/GPU) is an AMD Radeon HD 8570D which is a gaming gpu mid grade

Edit

I assume, the $120 one is the best one.

Say I don't like the integrated graphics and later I want to upgrade, does it have PCI x16 (?) so I can put say a 650 or 750 TI in it?

1.No they have A10's which offer even better GPU's but they go from $159 + or you can go with an older model A10 but the GPU is older and not as advanced like a HD7760

2.yes the motherboards i posted a link to my suggested on (a few steps lower then my ASUS A88X Pro) and then at the bottom a link to all the prices for asus boards

and they all offer PCI-E 16x either 2.0 or 3.0 I think most if not all offer PCI-E 16x 3.0

3. Love it I use the A8 6600k in my primary and A8 5600k in my media pc and no lag friends come over exclusively to game on my second pc which is an older model A8

Edited by s32ialx

Edited my post to prevent double posted sorry! the intergated to the CPU is all AMD is doing from now on it's the only option as they are canning there AM3 lines as they do not and will NEVER support PCI-E 3.0 but the APU chipsets FM2 do...

The intergrated GPU in the APU (Advanced Processing Unit CPU/GPU) is an AMD Radeon HD 8570D which is a gaming gpu mid grade

So would it almost be better to switch over to i3/i5 or and Nvidia? Or would this work for long in the future?

Also, I'm stupid. So essentially, if I bought the three things you posted, I could slap (well, not exactly) them in, and run most/all games at respectable settings?

So would it almost be better to switch over to i3/i5 or and Nvidia? Or would this work for long in the future?

Also, I'm stupid. So essentially, if I bought the three things you posted, I could slap (well, not exactly) them in, and run most/all games at respectable settings?

The APU's (CPU/GPU) are the future of AMD's product line they will do everything you need and then some I'm an AMD Fanboy and have supported them since early 2000 esp when they are the creators of the 64bit architecture and intel had to fake it for years to even try and compete. also intel had to fake the multi cores where AMD was true multi cores first as well (for consumer based systems)

Yes when you save money for a dedicated gfx card you just plop it in and install the Drivers and away you go

___ Edit ___

these are the specs of my two systems that game beautifully

AMD A8 6600k @ 4.4GHz

8GB DDR3 Kingston HyperX Red 1600MHz

ASUS A88X Pro

PNY Nvidia GTX 650Ti 1GB

240GB OCZ Agility 3 SSD (500MB/s Write | 525MB/s Read) 

AMD A8 5600k @ 3.6GHz

8GB DDR3 Kingston HyperX Red 1600MHz

Gigabyte F2A75M-D3H

ASUS Radeon HD7770 1GHz Ed.

120GB Corsair Force120 SSD (275MB/s Write | 285MB/s Read)

Edited by s32ialx

The APU's (CPU/GPU) are the future of AMD's product line they will do everything you need and then some I'm an AMD Fanboy and have supported them since early 2000 esp when they are the creators of the 64bit architecture and intel had to fake it for years to even try and compete. also intel had to fake the multi cores where AMD was true multi cores first as well (for consumer based systems)

Yes when you save money for a dedicated gfx card you just plop it in and install the Drivers and away you go

Nifty, so are they going to move on slowly and make super hardcore, like top of the line processors and GPU's together? 

What would you say I would run this game at with that setup?

EDIT: It currenty has a WD2500, nothing special, but it has true win7 on it which is a plus. Is that compatiable with the motherobard?

Edited by MetalSpoon

Nifty, so are they going to move on slowly and make super hardcore, like top of the line processors and GPU's together? 

What would you say I would run this game at with that setup?

EDIT: It currenty has a WD2500, nothing special, but it has true win7 on it which is a plus. Is that compatiable with the motherobard?

That's there plan pretty much! and if you get the supporting video card you can even crossfire to use the resources of both the integrated and dedicated.

well with my A8 5600k I was able to play APB:R (which has a lot of custom logo/gfx constantly loading for each player and there car) plays great on high with minor jitter but I would recommend medium for optimal performance and low for great performance

the reasoning it plays decent on high is because it has a shorter path to talk with the CPU and the memory being built in to the CPU and beside the memory

( and yes this was without the dedicated Radeon HD7770 I added that later when my Phenom 955 Black died)

WD2500 I assume you mean harddrive? any harddrive as long as it SATA connector is compatible.

sata-vs-ide-labelled.jpg

IDE is well past it's life cycle and has been dropped from most motherboards over the last 3 years

Edited by s32ialx