Sign in to follow this  
Ekk

DayZ [QUESTION]

Hello, I'm Ekk. This is my very first post in this forum. I have wathced a ton of videos about DayZ Standalone, but never have I understood how to get it. So, this is my question - What do I need to install DayZ Standalone? I'm not sure if I need

Arma II or Arma III. So, if you could, please provide me with the information I need.

Thank you,

Ekk.  :)

Edited by Ekk

You can purchase it on the steam store.

First you'll have to download steam, it's free.

http://store.steampowered.com/

Create an account and all that jazz, then you can search for Day Z Standalone.

Purchase, download, and play!

Have fun!

[EDIT: Forgot to specify, you do not need ArmA at all anymore. It is it's own separate game now hence the 'standalone' bit.]

Edited by Rhodes
  • Like 1

You can purchase it on the steam store.

First you'll have to download steam, it's free.

http://store.steampowered.com/

Create an account and all that jazz, then you can search for Day Z Standalone.

Purchase, download, and play!

Have fun!

[EDIT: Forgot to specify, you do not need ArmA at all anymore. It is it's own separate game now hence the 'standalone' bit.]

Thanks for such a fast reply, pal. It says that it's only DayZ, but not DayZ Standalone. Should it be that way?

Thanks for such a fast reply, pal. It says that it's only DayZ, but not DayZ Standalone. Should it be that way?

yes it should don't worry, if the page doesn't say 'mod' on it, then that's standalone!

Sec...

Yes, you're right. Just DayZ it says.

We shall see you in the new and improved Chernarus soon.

yes it should don't worry, if the page doesn't say 'mod' on it, then that's standalone!

Is the game based off of Arma II or Arma III?

Sec...

Yes, you're right. Just DayZ it says.

We shall see you in the new and improved Chernarus soon.

There is one problem - I have one of the shittiest PC's in the world that isn't able to run GTA San Andreas on the highest setting possible. But I'm hoping that it's going to pay off one day and I'll be able to play with you guys... With my awesome NEW PC!

It runs on a modified ArmA 2 engine. It's actually kinda a cross between 2 and 3.

Also, it's important to be aware that the current alpha state of the game has bugs and glitches. Even users with high end rigs have had frame rate issues in cities. It's still playable however, just not as optimized as it will be in the future.

As development continues it'll get stamped out, but just know that you may experience similar issues in this phase of the game.