helcol

Sneezing

Before I get major backlash for what I am about to say, let me explain:

Remember that moment in a movie where everyone is trying to sneak past a group of bad guys undetected, and there was that one guy/gal who could not hold it in. "ACHOO!" The bad guys were now alerted of their presence.

I propose that sneezing, while healthy, is a  <1% chance of occurring at any given moment (this should be a surprise to the player and should be a surprise when it happens because of how rare it is).However, when the player is sick/cold, the chance of sneezing at any given time should significantly go up. 

Sneezing would bring some interesting dynamics to the game:

1. If you are trying to sneak up on someone and you sneeze, now your cover is blown.

2. Seeing another player sneeze could mean that they are sick, (may be contagious) causing you to keep you distance. 

3. Sneezing in the middle of the woods when you are not expecting it would make you jump out of your seat. (If you hate jump scares like me)

4. "ACHOO" "bless you"

5. Would give yet another incentive not to be sick (colds would differ from other illnesses/diseases because of sneezing. helps in self-diagnosing).

I would also propose adding different sounding sneezing sounds so sneezes are different every time you hear them.

So, what do you guys think? Would this be a nice thing to add to the harsh world known as Dayz?

• Like 1

I actually like that idea, means that there ia more to being sick than just a bar in your tab menu. and it would be pretty funny in some circumstances.

I think that once temperature and illnesses will be implemented, your character will react a certain way, like sneezing, heavy breath or something.

• Like 1

It's too much IMO. Too over the top. Plus I'd think, if you really needed to, you can hold in a sneeze.

holding a sneeze could also be an option if you have nothing in your hands when you sneeze, making less sound.

All in all, I feel it does not cross the fine line that would make Dayz become too real, but that's just my opinion. 

Maybe like a quicktime event? :P

"I need to sneeze!"

*Click [whatever]*

"I could hold the sneeze back!"

Or:

Having a tissue equiped could mute sneezes

Maybe like a quicktime event? :P

"I need to sneeze!"

*Click [whatever]*

"I could hold the sneeze back!"

Or:

Having a tissue equiped could mute sneezes

Having rags in hand could cover a sneeze, but I'm not to sure about a quick time event. But the rag is used on the process of sneezing.

I think that once temperature and illnesses will be implemented, your character will react a certain way, like sneezing, heavy breath or something.

I also feel they should move away from in game text updates and should have sounds/animations showing a player's status

Lifehack-rule #1

Stopping sneezing:

Touch yourself here and leave the fingers there for 2-3s.

qneo6c15vkcj.jpg

(this is, what actors in the theaters do, when they're about to sneeze. It looks, they're thinking, etc.

that would be hilarious thought to be uptop in a building only to hear ACHOO below you. i would say yes but more so if it was caused by being cold and rainy weather and have alergy medication be fairly easy to find.

Lifehack-rule #1

Stopping sneezing:

Touch yourself here and leave the fingers there for 2-3s.

qneo6c15vkcj.jpg

(this is, what actors in the theaters do, when they're about to sneeze. It looks, they're thinking, etc.

I'll need to try this the next time I need to sneeze.

Maybe not sneezing, but sniffing due to a runny nose would be a good indicator of being sick (at least mildly). This could lead to stomach cramps for more serious illnesses (poisoning, for example) leading to vomiting and maybe even death (probably caused by dehydration).

Mind you, it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if this is already in the development roadmap. :D

Was responding to the video posted above my post

ah, got it.