gadyuka

To DayZ or not to DayZ: that is the question.

Tell a kid not to do something and...

"Please be aware that our Early Access offer is a representation of our core pillars, and the framework we have created around them. It’s a work in progress and therefore contains a variety of bugs. We strongly advise you not to buy and play the game at this stage unless you clearly understand what Early Access means and are interested in participating in the ongoing development cycle. Please keep in mind that we do not expect to reach Beta status sooner than the end of 2014."

Quote from Airplane: "Shana, they bought their tickets. They knew what they were getting into. l say, let them crash!"

We took a risk when we purchased the SA, as in we may being paying for something that will never be totally completed. I doubt that it will, simply because I think it's popularity will sink before it's completion and Bohemia will just let it rot. This view was increased with news of Rocket leaving within the next year or so.

I have however had much fun with this gem even in alpha and feel that I have had my money's worth in that regard.

• Like 1

If it's truly interrogatory, why was there no ? in the title?

We took a risk when we purchased the SA, as in we may being paying for something that will never be totally completed. I doubt that it will, simply because I think it's popularity will sink before it's completion and Bohemia will just let it rot. This view was increased with news of Rocket leaving within the next year or so.

I have however had much fun with this gem even in alpha and feel that I have had my money's worth in that regard.

Couldn't agree more. Well said.

If it's truly interrogatory, why was there no ? in the title?

Ask Shakespeare, I guess  ^_^  

Ask Shakespeare, I guess  ^_^  

Damn. You got me there.

Tell a kid not to do something and...

"Please be aware that our Early Access offer is a representation of our core pillars, and the framework we have created around them. It’s a work in progress and therefore contains a variety of bugs. We strongly advise you not to buy and play the game at this stage unless you clearly understand what Early Access means and are interested in participating in the ongoing development cycle. Please keep in mind that we do not expect to reach Beta status sooner than the end of 2014."

Quote from Airplane: "Shana, they bought their tickets. They knew what they were getting into. l say, let them crash!"

I paid no attention to that warning.  But I haven't bought the game yet.  Waiting is hard to do in this case.

But it's a bit too "raw" for my taste.  Hoping it improves. 

Last I knew Dean Hall wasn't actually doing much work on the game. Just reviewing any major changes and working on things here and there. Plus a lot can happen in 1-2 years, Dean could even end up staying or the game could be complete.

I paid no attention to that warning.  But I haven't bought the game yet.  Waiting is hard to do in this case.

But it's a bit too "raw" for my taste.  Hoping it improves. 

How is the game too raw for your taste if you don't even own the game?  

There is no other game out there even close to DayZ. It will continue to get polished while lots of content gets added in. This whole topic is a waste of space... I'm sorry you have your doubts but with the large amount of money they have made and most likely another 1.5 million players potentially waiting till it is more polished there is no way in hell they are just going to cancel it and let it rot.

Dean isn't going anywhere anytime soon and has said he will be staying as long as he is needed... On top of that it's his baby and I believe he will always be apart of it even with his new company... I was upset about the news but if you actually use your brain and think for 5 minutes you will realize the potential this game has and no company including BI is going to throw that away.

Yet again sorry you have your doubts but everyone that is trying to spread their word about this game failing is coming off a bit elitist.

All in all DayZ is clearly going to get better and better, we who are smart know this.. Look at all the status updates, dev blogs, constant patches etc.. I could go on and on. If you really have your doubts go buy any other alpha possible on steam, you will realize very quickly that this one tops them all, in quality, care and potential.

edit:spelling, typed on zee iphone!

Edited by Blissful

Yet again sorry you have your doubts but everyone that is trying to spread their word about this game failing is coming of a bit elitist.

we who are smart know this..

Doubts? Yes. Me doubts you and yous words.

I'z vary smarts, thanks. Yous not call me smarts.

Doubts? Yes. Me doubts you and yous words.

I'z vary smarts, thanks. Yous not call me smarts.

No sorry, I didnt mean to offend, guess im becoming a grumpy old man trying to restore the faith in everyone. Maybe an elitist myself idk. Just think everyone is over reacting.

I feel like I'm the only one who's gotten my money's worth out of the amount of DayZ I've played so far (80 hours)

How is the game too raw for your taste if you don't even own the game?  

Youtube.

No sorry, I didnt mean to offend, guess im becoming a grumpy old man trying to restore the faith in everyone. Maybe an elitist myself idk. Just think everyone is over reacting.

Considering how sarcastic and troll-like I am on these boards, I have zero legs to stand on to take any offense. No stress.

This thread was supposed to be my anti-waaa to all the waaa waaa types who post waaa waaa on these boards.

Guess it didn't work. Ho-hum

There is no other game out there even close to DayZ. It will continue to get polished while lots of content gets added in. This whole topic is a waste of space... I'm sorry you have your doubts but with the large amount of money they have made and most likely another 1.5 million players potentially waiting till it is more polished there is no way in hell they are just going to cancel it and let it rot.

Dean isn't going anywhere anytime soon and has said he will be staying as long as he is needed... On top of that it's his baby and I believe he will always be apart of it even with his new company... I was upset about the news but if you actually use your brain and think for 5 minutes you will realize the potential this game has and no company including BI is going to throw that away.

Yet again sorry you have your doubts but everyone that is trying to spread their word about this game failing is coming off a bit elitist.

All in all DayZ is clearly going to get better and better, we who are smart know this.. Look at all the status updates, dev blogs, constant patches etc.. I could go on and on. If you really have your doubts go buy any other alpha possible on steam, you will realize very quickly that this one tops them all, in quality, care and potential.

edit:spelling, typed on zee iphone!

There is no way anyone can know if it will be ever be completed until well it is. I have my doubts because it is a PROMISE of completion meaning it may never be completed. Could it though? Of course it could, but my experience with many of these games is the opposite. Now don't get me wrong I am in now way saying Bohemia will never complete it hey very we'll could. Just a promise is no guarantee so I think it is ok for me to be skeptical.