Sign in to follow this  
balkothdark@hotmail.com

Athentication Timeout

Hi there.

I've recently bought the Arma II: CO on steam just to play the DayZ mod itself.

After downloading and installing everything i've downloaded the Arma II beta 93965v and installed it in order to play the mod.

After that i downloaded the Six Launcher, installed it, ran it.

Downloaded all the dayz files and etc> ok, no problem until here.

Now, whenever i try to join a server (any server, i tried like 40 or so), i click "OK" (to join the server inside the game).

I get the "Receiving mission file 0kb/0kb" message, and then, after 30 seconds or so i get the Authentication timeout error.

And, of those 40 tries i did, some like 5 tries showed a Bad CD Key error.

I got this in every single server i've tried to join.

I've also searched a solution for this error in the DayZ forums and Arma II forums, even on steam, but i couldnt find anything suitable.

Thanks in advance.

I have this problem too, but only since today (and 94103)

BAMP!

Edit:

Running ArmA X Retail.

I have this problem too' date=' but only since today (and 94103)

BAMP!

[/quote']

Yep, same problem since 94103...sucks failing to connect on own server :P

Have this as well. Error message of 'Authentication Timeout' on every server

Reading the beta patch notes of 94103 (which i hvae updated to)...

"[94002] Fixed: PlayerId changed for users using Reinforcements or Arma X Anniversary edition to prevent PlayerId conflicts."

May have something to do with it? (running Arma X Anniversary Retail)

Yep, read this half an hour ago and wrote an email to BIS. Hope they look into it...

[x] ArmA X - Anniversary (Retail)

Reinstall BattlEye? To do this, left click on your ARMA 2 and click Reinstall BattlEye. Do the same for OA. If it says something about there not being a file there. Right click on Arma 2, Properties, Local Files then click " Verify integrity of game cache " then do the same for OA. Then right click Arma 2 and click reinstall BattlEye and then do the same for OA.

Same problem here :(

Updated through SixLauncher and now can't join any server "Athentication Timeout" message

Guys, please write what kind of game you have (ArmA X; just CO; Steam or Retail, etc.)

Alright, I am using ArmA X Retail.

Funny! ...well, actually not. Please someone fix it because we obviously can't :(

i just installed the beta patch before the new one from today(?) and it works again.

edit: yeah... worked for me and a friend! dont update to the new betapatch for now i guess...

Sorry yes i'm also using ArmA X retail and took the update through SixLauncher, Playing fine before the update.

I'm getting the same trouble - Authentication Timeout, Six Updater, ArmA X retail, 94103 beta.

Six Updater is calling the latest beta patch 93965, but it's actually 94103. Could that be part of the issue?

Reinstall BattlEye? To do this' date=' left click on your ARMA 2 and click Reinstall BattlEye. Do the same for OA. If it says something about there not being a file there. Right click on Arma 2, Properties, Local Files then click " Verify integrity of game cache " then do the same for OA. Then right click Arma 2 and click reinstall BattlEye and then do the same for OA.

[/quote']

Thanks for advice,

uninstalled & reintalled BattleEye and still same problem, however as another user has noted, rolling back to the previous Beta patch 93965 works and when i did this was prompted to Install BattleEye again. Logged on to a server fine.

(running Arma X Anniversary Retail)

as i said... just patch it again with the last betapatch... works perfectly

I'm running ArmA X, after updating to the latest patch I'm getting the same problem. I herd that the problem is only occurring to people with ArmA X. So people with ArmA X will just have to wait for a hotfix. Probably will come out tomorrow or by the end of the week hopefully :D

Its stunning that people cant read or dont even try to fix their own problems. It worked for 4 people now. I said it two times how to fix this. Maybe its time to get off the internet when you dont even read if someone has a solution. Why even post a problem when you dont try to fix it?!

Its stunning that people cant read or dont even try to fix their own problems. It worked for 4 people now. I said it two times how to fix this. Maybe its time to get off the internet when you dont even read if someone has a solution. Why even post a problem when you dont try to fix it?!

This is not a solution, it's a temporary fix.

Such a problem needs attention. Or are you going to stay on previous patch ("OMG NEW PATCH - FOREVER ALONE")? We must gather information and people who have this problem to go to BIS and tell them.

This is not a solution' date=' it's a temporary fix.

Such a problem needs attention. Or are you going to stay on previous patch ("OMG NEW PATCH - FOREVER ALONE")? We must gather information and people who have this problem to go to BIS and tell them.

[/quote']

I second that, thank you, Reo.

What has BIS to do with that? I dont test Arma2 for them... I test this mod. The game was updated... the mod not. I dont see what your point is. The soultion should be 1.7.2 and not a fix for 1.7.1.5 cause we dont need it anymore. Has anybody even tried to play ArmA2 without the mod?!

What has BIS to do with that? I dont test Arma2 for them... I test this mod. The game was updated... the mod not. I dont see what your point is. The soultion should be 1.7.2 and not a fix for 1.7.1.5 cause we dont need it anymore. Has anybody even tried to play ArmA2 without the mod?!

What's the matter with DayZ/Arma/BattleEye/whatever?

I have a friend that I'm trying to work with to solve this on his update to the latest 94362.

Failing everything else, I'm going to run my system logger and post every inquiry (relevant ones) the launcher makes to the registry or to the file system - and to the ports. If that doesn't produce an answer, I'll run a profiler and hack around the bug by feeding back whatever the system is looking for (obviously, though, that would be hard if it's looking for a time-dependent CRC (or other) number from BattleEye or Arma or DayZ)

This is just crap. Worse that EA/DICE/PB on Battlefield 3, and that's saying a LOT!

Rocket - please fix this shit - don't ignore your fans.

EpeeNoire' date=' just revert to the previous ArmA patch by installing it over the top of the new one. http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

[/quote']

nope - that doesn't work. My friend has gone back 3 patches - no joy.