Sign in to follow this  
Beam17

Change the way zombies spawn.

I have NO complaints on this game, i love the whole sandbox world ran by its players.

BUT one thing really bugs me and really ruins the immersion for me. Zombies.

I love zombies, but i don't like how they just keep spawning and spawning. You should be given the choice to waste your ammo and risk breaking bones or dieing. You cant shoot zombies, if you shoot they will come at you, and spawn over and over until your out of ammo and die. This includes very small areas, isolated buildings.

It can be a real downer sometimes, i was thinking maybe just limit the amount of zombies spawned in that particular area, and if they die put a 5 minute revival timer on them. That way it gives you time to walk around an area a bit that you cleared, without the worry some zombie will spawn next to you and cheap shot you.

Just a suggestion.

Absolutely my idea!

I would love it to clear a whole area, village or camp without summoning endless Zombies. The only real way to use your weapon is during PVP and when you are on the run :/

Yep and another thing im noticing is even though the zombies dont spot you... they still slowly walk or crawl to you like your some kind of magnet.

I feel the same way about this.

It's frustrating to clear out an area, only to be mauled by a hoard that spawned 5 seconds after I finish clearing out where I'm at. Also zeds seem to spawn right in front of me at times.. it's jarring because it completely removes the need to scan and gain intel before moving into an area.

Please make it so if we choose to, we can hold our own little slice of Chernarus. :)

As for the "not seeing you, but heading in your direction thing.. I'm pretty sure that's because they are drawn to sounds as well.. (eating, drinking, applying bandage etc all draw zeds towards you) I would love it if this was further expanded upon.

Yep and another thing im noticing is even though the zombies dont spot you... they still slowly walk or crawl to you like your some kind of magnet.

This is a programmed trait of the zombies. I forget where I saw this, but I think it was in one of Rockets posts. They're designed to go towards the player sometimes.

It's annoying, which is exactly why I like it.

Perhaps you should check my Liberation suggestion thread about a proposed way to deal with this kind of thing. I think you might enjoy it.

I like your idea, but not exactly what i want. I just want the choice of clearing a mob of zombies for a few minutes to loot around the area.

The zombies inspect the area if you make a noise nearby. I just don't think it's implemented that well.

And I agree. I walked into a ghost town last night, found some pretty awesome supplies, came out and there were zombies everywhere. Was frustrating. I can imagine one or two that may have been 'hiding' before, but not a whole bunch of them just roaming around town as if they were there the whole time. Just feels cheap

Yeah but I think those things are already ingame (zed spawn timer, zed number limit) they just need tweaks or maybe don't work sometimes. In the last patch, I had no problems clearing small areas for maybe 5 minutes before zeds would spawn, and they no longer spawn close to you, so.. It's really not that bad !

What Id like is biological rythm added to the game now. => http://www.dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=21408

Would be cool.