Leptir1

Getting away from Zombies

Hi there,

I recently got the game, and I got it after the no-weapon spawn testing started. Currently, the game is immensely rage-worthy for me. I've tried playing and the second I attract a single zombie, I know I'm done. One zombie chased me from Cherno to Kamenka, and another chased me all the way into the woods (after I hear that's what you're supposed to do). The second zombie chased me as I ran up and down the hills in an attempt to lose him, to no avail. I simply don't understand how to defend myself if I have no weapon, and I aggravate just one zombie, let alone several. When I did attract the zombie, all I did was crouchrun/crouchwalk past them in a city, and I was also making sure they weren't looking at me. Then a zombie from the other side of the fence runs backwards, glitches through the fence, and starts attacking me.

I am not writing the game off, I am simply not understanding. Please help me understand. Thank you.

Best not to aggro a zombie in the first place. If you do though, run into a building that has an exit out the other side. That way they'll get stuck in the building walking slow and you'll be able to put enough distance to lose them.

You are the real leptir1? :D

Anyways, in the form of tips, always find a building you can go into, as long as it has two entrances, one you can get out through. Once you lead your new train of friends into the building, make like hell for the other entrance. Zombies walk very slow inside buildingas, and it is also a nice place to make a standoff.

Well everone seems to have issues with this. There is a few quick tips and tricks that can help ALOT when attempting to survive in dayz for longer than 5 minutes. To list a few:

1: Prone is OVERPOWERED

(Though you move slow you are nearly invisible utilize this to loot some buildings

2: Guns DO NOT make you invincible

(conserve ammo it is for a tight fix or to fight other players, nothing else. Think of it as security more than something you use every time you see a zombie)

3: Players for the most part are your enemy

(I tend to follow the rule if they aren't in a voice chat with me they aren't friendly, this doesn't mean go to electro and snipe people from the roof tops it simply means avoid other players when possible.)

4: Big cities are NOT good/only place for guns

(spawning in a big city and surviving is nearly impossible, spawn in a relatively small area and loot basic supplies, move inland and get some gear before attempting electro or cherno)

If these tips aren't enough i found a great video that helped me when i started. I highly recommend checking it out.

~Von

Otherwise, you can run into the forest, try to make the zombie lose sight of you through the use of big trees, then go prone quickly when you know they cant see you (IE the eye icon at the top right screen, the more bars the more visible you are)

Either run into the sea where you start to swim, but be careful as gear has a tendency to vanish and sometimes they might get a cheeky smack in.

Or run up a steep hill where you're forced to walk, run sideways then zig-zag - little to the left little to the right, the Zombiods get slowed down to walk and 9/10 times they full behind and you can make a run for it..

you can use the hill to to clear out barns etc, if there's a steep hill next to one do a run thru, pull zoms then run up hill zig-zagging then run back to barn

Run around around the Rosebery bush , run around a house thru doors and walls keep tight to them, around fences etc, they get slowed down sometimes and you can leggit

if there is steps, a ladder and you have an exe, climb them, then wait at the top swinging away, the zombs are force to walk up them and you can kill them with ease- but you might take the odd hit..

The only thing to keep in mind, break line of sight. When you come around the corner of a building or run in one door and out the other, you will break sight. What I do is instantly go to crouch walk then go prone. I hear other people just get distance with crouch walk, but I'm saying what works for me. If you keep practicing you will figure it out.

You can also use hills to break LOS, but if you are starting off without a gun and you agro a zombie outside of town, you deserve to die. They are easily avoidable outside of town. If you get some in a town, use the buildings to break LOS, go back to stealth.

If you have a small zombie train either run about 300m in to the woods turn around and shoot them all.

Or run into a building then wait at the back exit until all the zombies that were chasing you are now in the building then sneak out and break line of sight, remember to keep quite then GTFO of town. (this is your best bet, but does still fail sometimes)

For a large zombie train, try to use evasive manoeuvres but if that fails get into a building, shoot for strictly heads shots and hope you have more bullets than zombies.

But if you have a Winchester and plenty of ammo, you could just keep jogging backwards shooting them..lol

You are the real leptir1? :D

Anyways' date=' in the form of tips, always find a building you can go into, as long as it has two entrances, one you can get out through. Once you lead your new train of friends into the building, make like hell for the other entrance. Zombies walk very slow inside buildingas, and it is also a nice place to make a standoff.

[/quote']

Thanks everyone for the tips everyone, I'll try them out.

Also, yes, I am.