Sign in to follow this  
exomonkeyman

Plastic bag rain protection

With rain being dangerous overtime for items in the near future. It would be cool to use either rags shirts plastic cover or even plastic bags over/around weapons backpacks shoes and even gloves to keep them dry and protected.

It would also look cool to see players with plastic bags over items to keep them dry. Also be nice to help someone else keep maybe there hat or precious goods dry.

Example Images.

IMG_13831.JPGrain%20cover.jpg

Even if DSLR's/cameras were used in the game as an alternative binoculars idea. Here's a possible paper rain cover. Cheap and easy idea.

DIY_Photography_Hacks_DCM110.shoot_hacks

Edited by exomonkeyman

i was thinking something like this after Dean mentioned rain will have different effects on items on body and inside backpacks. I really like the idea, maybe having the yellow protective cases already do something or some form of little waterproof/plasitc pack that is like the yellow protective case but can only protect against wet areas.
Maybe use plastic shopping bags that are found in places???

Also could maybe include 'waterproof backpacks' themselves with the waterproof properties but extremely rare? (military areas?) so will have to stick to shopping bags to put items in to protect against rain which go in backpack(: 

i like the idea, but its kinda pointless until a "water damage" game mechanic is added 

I would also propose ziplock bags inside the backpack.  I dont see the purpose of putting the bag on the outside unless thats the only option.  personally I would remove my stuff on the inside and put it in a plastic garbage bag..  I wouldnt want to lose any camouflaging that my backpack might create (nor create a bright white beacon).

Edited by UnarmedCiv

Yes i agree it is not yet needed untill the damage is implemented.
Well putting it on the outside could just be an 'option' to use, aswell as maybe the ziplock bags, plastic shopping bags and bin bags etc.
Putting a plastic bag OVER the backpack is a good idea, the downside would be the lack of camouflage obviously but maybe the plastic bags will be easier to find so you would use them first over other things as you have them there and then?

With rain affecting clothing/equipment just around the corner, I'd rather like to see this sort of thing included - wrapping up bits of kit in plastic bags so keep them dry in my pack/pouches.