Sign in to follow this  
Kontra

Hackers

Being killed by a hacker after spending however many hours keeping your ass alive is pretty demoralizing. I've been killed atleast once by a hacker the past three days, you name it, teleporting/speed hacking, unlimited ammo automatic shotgun? yeah. And to top it off, they're calling my name out before they shoot me. "Oh hey Kontra, you ready to die?" Like please, I have it all recorded, all I need is some link to who is killing me. Yeah nicknames can be  changed, but how about a half-life/counterstrike style console system where actions are logged, steam id's connected. It only seems to be getting worse so can we get ahead of it now?

• Like 1

Being killed by a hacker after spending however many hours keeping your ass alive is pretty demoralizing. I've been killed atleast once by a hacker the past three days, you name it, teleporting/speed hacking, unlimited ammo automatic shotgun? yeah. And to top it off, they're calling my name out before they shoot me. "Oh hey Kontra, you ready to die?" Like please, I have it all recorded, all I need is some link to who is killing me. Yeah nicknames can be  changed, but how about a half-life/counterstrike style console system where actions are logged, steam id's connected. It only seems to be getting worse so can we get ahead of it now?

I know exactly how you feel, I love this game and all its potential. But these pussy ass hackers are ruining it! I've had the same thing happen to me, they call out my name as they walk through walls and shoot me in the head. I've only had this happen to me at the airfields, so now I don't even go there. I can get everything I need elsewhere. I'm not sure what all can be done to stop it but if it get any worst, I won't continue to play.

I know that feeling. I've just been killed 3 days ago at Black Mountain while I was up in the tower. I climbed the wooden stairs in the tower and I heard someone saying something in russian, I think, but he did say my name and then came through the wall with a fireaxe and started hitting me and then going back through a wall. I shot him a couple of times with my M4 but it was like he had god mode or something.
Anyway, the character in my avatar is dead now and I'll have to change it once I gear up my new one.
This is why I play on emtpy servers...

That would probably require getting either BI to leave battleye or getting them to work with steam, I don't see either one really happening. 

Though if we could find a real way to permaban them it would really help the mod because they would most likely buy a new copy and further fund the development :)