ttt2512

Ideas for some random events

Hey I think it would be great if there are some interesting events in game,So here are the ideas that I have think.

1.Caravan trading group :Randomly spawn on map probably in land ,will trade you some homemade things such as bow,arrow,meats,whiskey,unique cloths or special things.They will come in group with horse,3-7men,caravan's supplies on the back side of the caravan.If killed will re-spawn in 2-3 days.They will kill you if you are a treat.Mobile not a camp.

2.Survivor camps in the wood:Some may spawn with NPCs(Might agrro you), some may just some little left over loots ,some might be loaded with a lot of goods.re-spawn every servers restart.

3.Air supplies drop off :Randomly spawn over map the only sign for it is the huge plane dropping off packed thing with parachute on it.The players who have a talkies will hear the radio massage,Ex:"All survivors,the plane is dropping of survival gear at grid 123 321 (repeat 2 times).Only have one drop off per 3 days (1 week in hardcore server),Would be epic to see survivors rushing though for the foods.

4.Ending for the game:Sooooo I'm not sure with this but it kinda cool :P,Only one per month,there will be a military ship coming to rescue some of the survivor out off the chernarus,When the event is trigged there will spawn lot of zombies and bandits .There will be a firefight of bandits and solider.Player must get in to a ship as quick as there can before the ship going off and not die by the bandits .After the player got into the ship the credits will display of the dev team,After that player got to the main menu and have to start it again.As I said it could be both good or bad idea.Thx for reading and please give the comment below :)

Edited by ttt2512
  • Like 1

Don't listen to the person above me. He's just one of those "this idea is stupid, unrealistic and blah blah blah.."

Truth is some of those ideas would be a lot of fun, they are just simply to difficult to code into such a game like Dayz, especially with the

bugs it has presently and will have in the future.

Cool ideas tho - just probably not the game you'd see them in :)

These random events have been suggested so many times.

Rocket has said countless times that it won't happen. Also, AI's are buggy, glitchy and nowhere near as good as other players.

And also, GRAMMAR! Spaces after every comma and full-stop.

1 & 2: No because AI is hard to get right and would kill any FPS on the server. Better to have players in these roles. Better all around and much more dynamic.

3: Yeah, okay. Have to be rare and not overly OP loot-wise.

4: No, No, NO! The beauty of DayZ is that THERE IS NO ENDING! Apart from that, refer to the first part of 1 & 2 above.

Devs are pretty strongly on record as being against non-player characters or NPCs.  I don't disagree - this is a game about the player versus the environment and versus other players.  And yes, while there are zombie/infected enemies they will likely never really be a true threat but rather a device to make tasks more interesting/deadly.  Weather, your body's needs, and other players will always be where the challenge lies.

It's not that your ideas are necessarily bad, they just don't fit the Devs' vision of this game.