Sign in to follow this  
landshark

Massive Lag spikes/pauses when I try to move my character

Ok, first off this game has been running flawlessly for me since it's release.  Frame-rate was smooth, nothing out of the ordinary.

Yesterday I tried playing, after not playing for about a week, and when I log into my character and try to move the game locks up for a few seconds, then works again.  I can look around with my mouse with no problems, it's super smooth, but the moment I try to move WASD it instantly lag/pause for a few seconds. 

I have absolutely no clue why it's doing this.  I have double-checked to make sure my video drivers are up to date and I also updated Battle-eye .dll files manually just to be sure. 

It's happening on all servers that I try, both regular and hardcore, nearly full and empty.  It's every server.

Again, I had super smooth gameplay since release and then all of a sudden/out of nowhere anytime I try to move it locks up the game for a few seconds.  I did not change anything prior, although have since updated video drivers with no change in the lock-ups.

Does anyone have any clue what I should be looking for to fix this?

Try to change to the expirimintal build, because the next update will fix the freezing moments when you are trying to move with this keys it helped to me.