ProstiThony

dead player = zombie (?)

hi,

i have a simple question (which Is more a suggestion, depend on the answer):

when i die, does my corpse become a zombie?

if not, it should!! After, of course, a short duration in which people can loot my stuff.

=> Much realism, so zombie, etc...

it seams logical but i didn't find this topic in the forum and i didnt live long enough to find my own dead body

Edited by ProstiThony
  • Like 1

No. Your corpse just disappears after 10 minutes.

And no, that feature is not planned. Because the DayZ zombies are more "infected living people" than "Dead resurrected corpses"...at least afaik. (But yeah, I'd like

And this topic has been mentioned and discussed here very often already.

Edited by LaughingJack

hi,

i have a simple question (which Is more a suggestion, depend on the answer):

when i die, does my corpse become a zombie?

if not, it should!! After, of course, a short duration in which people can loot my stuff.

=> Much realism, so zombie, etc...

it seams logical but i didn't find this topic in the forum and i didnt live long enough to find my own dead body

Nah, it doesn't, and Rocket (head of DayZ) has said it probably won't happen.

The reason we don't have zombies with any lootable clothing or stuff is because of optimization problems so I can imagine dead players fall under the same category.

Anyways, wouldn't it make sense that the current people are alive because they are immune?

Regardless, welcome to the forums, and remember to use the search function (This has been suggested many times)!

From the planned features, I doubt players / people are immune. From what I read somewhere, you can eventually get "brain rot" or "brain disease" when being hit enough by zombies, and that will eventually "kill" you, or turn you into one of them.

10 minute despawner aside (just for testing etc) this would be a nice feature if there's a CHANCE that some players could get up after "death". They wouldn't roam unless running after a player, so you could still pinpoint the area where they died. You'd have to "kill" them for real then to loot them. After killing an infected player (that technically died) you would then have your average corpse. You'd also have it if the player who fell over with that sickness didn't get back up and died for real.

But it would probably be a "technical nightmare" or complex, I think? Zombies with loot are nothing new, the mod had that. But you'd also have to make unique zombie models or turn the player character into some sort of NPC then if you want them to actually wear what they wear.

Nah, it doesn't, and Rocket (head of DayZ) has said it probably won't happen.

The reason we don't have zombies with any lootable clothing or stuff is because of optimization problems so I can imagine dead players fall under the same category.

Anyways, wouldn't it make sense that the current people are alive because they are immune?

Regardless, welcome to the forums, and remember to use the search function (This has been suggested many times)!

Thank you ! (I tried but probably didn't  try the good keywords - poor english, i'm french)

I saw several topics about the way zombies spawn and the awaken-dead- players could be a nice complementary solution. 

But it would probably be a "technical nightmare" or complex, I think? Zombies with loot are nothing new, the mod had that. But you'd also have to make unique zombie models or turn the player character into some sort of NPC then if you want them to actually wear what they wear.

Turning player character into NPC is what I imagine, why not just let weapons and useless stuff (for zombies - or if you say right: "infected" may be a better name) on the ground, and allow the initial character (tshirt + jean) wake up ? 

let the bodies walk on the floor ! :)

I'm really hoping to see dead players turn into zombies.

- if a player doesn't die from head injury, he should later turn into a zombie

- players turned zombie should be the only zombies with loot (imagine finding one in a horde :D )

Imagine this scenario: you have two groups fighting, But one of them is camping. The camping team loses players, until one or two remain, but they are well hidden and can't be flushed out.

Now, they have another threat. the bodies around them will turn, and they'll have to do something about it. Shoot the bodies in the head and give away position ? Fight the zombie and give away position ? etc

I think it would be a great add to the game.

Dean said that this would never be added to the game when he hosted a "Ask me anything" on Reddit.

AlexC47, You got my point.... This would be so awesome...

maybe he Is afraid of puting too much awesomeness in his game?? Wich Is really awesome already, of course!  :rolleyes:

Edited by ProstiThony

The idea for this game is that survivors are immune... that they can only be killed by the zeds who are, in this game, more akin to the infected in 28 Days Later than to the undead Romero type zombies.  In fact, if you watch some of the dev videos, you can see other ways Boyle's film has influenced the game (zed movement animations).  So, you won't see players turning into zeds.

It would be a very cool idea, but there's nothing to indicate that they will change their stance on this.

The Epoch variant of the DayZ mod had something like this, but it got old very quickly and I don't know how many people actually enjoyed playing zeds.  In that version, if you died while infected, you respawned as a zed.

Edited by entspeak

not going to be implemented, rocket said all survivors were immune to the disease.

It's an airborne virus which the survivors are immune to, hence not being infected already. It's pretty much the only 'feasible' pandemic scenario.