Sign in to follow this  
Owain1122

The Affect of in-game voice chat vs third party voice chat

Yeah i get that :) The problem is i have to be about 1 cm away from someones face or they just cannot hear me, it just simply will not work if i am more than a foot or so away from anybody, facing them or not. Doesn't matter if use a 270 dollar headset and mic combo or a cheap desktop mic and like i said, no amount of mucking around or tweaks seem to help, i have been trying to get it working half decent since jul 2012 and no joy.

Damn :(

I do seem to remember m8s who had similar probs with acre and direct chat... not much help though, as I cant remember the solution :( 

Never touch the in-game voice, I dont need to talk to some random person I play this game to kill people not to interact with them.

When I have had to use direct comms it seemed immediate for me, none of that cutting off, just the quality was so bad that I found it unbearable. Also I just prefer to use TS until there's some sort of "whisper mode" or a wider range of hand signals. :P

Oh Yes ...

Me and ---- My M8 use hand signals :) quite funny really hes ex military and I am a fat gamer so we tried to come up with scenarios to relate to the hand signals ingame.

1. Hand up flat (STOP DANGER)

2. Point (OVER THERE)

3. Thumbs up (FRIENDLY - GOOD)

4. The Finger (KILL)

5. Clap (RUN THE FUCK AWAY)

Edited by BL1P
  • Like 2

I think possibly you should have to hold the key down to turn your DayZ voice off rather than on? So you have to make a conscious extra effort if you want to be quiet in game while you chat third-party. And hard-fix the key-bind to something really awkward like Ctrl + ]

Okay, sure.

Just wait a second while I jam a paper clip into my keyboard to keep that key toggled.

5. Clap (RUN THE FUCK AWAY)

This made me laugh a lot more than it should have, I am just imagining a bunch of heavily armed guys in body armour running away whilst clapping.

Edited by DarkwaveDomina

This made me laugh a lot more than it should have, I am just imagining a bunch of heavily armed guys in body armour running away whilst clapping.

Remember 1 is Ex mil hes running fast and clapping with no problems, the other is a fat gamer who is limping along Flapping and wheezing like a... well I have no idea what Flaps and wheezes ?

Normally at this point our communication silence has broken down and we are screaming "RUN AWAY" over direct coms :)

Edited by BL1P
  • Like 1