Holliday (DayZ)

Kiev Protest Blaze 95

I hope that the situation in Ukraine calm down fast.

This aint some 3rd world jihadist country where such things are to be expected.

Yea, it's just a country that Stalin starved, killing tens of millions of Ukrainians in the process.

Yea, it's just a country that Stalin starved, killing tens of millions of Ukrainians in the process.

Don't forget about what nazis did there as well.

I'd say these folks suffered quite a lot in past 70 years or so, they deserve peace wouldn't you say?

Don't forget about what nazis did there as well.

I'd say these folks suffered quite a lot in past 70 years or so, they deserve peace wouldn't you say?

They deserve sovereignty 

I don't think it would be politically correct to adopt ideas from that "protest"

Well, does making games about World War 2 is politically correct?

• Like 1

I don't think it would be politically correct to adopt ideas from that "protest"

You are talking about being politically correct in a game where you can kill other "people", handcuff them and put sacks over their heads? Really?

As an Ukrainian I can say that I don't think it would be a big deal. Besides ArmA2 and Dayz SA already use military uniforms that based on Ukrainian 

As an Ukrainian I can say that I don't think it would be a big deal. Besides ArmA2 and Dayz SA already use military uniforms that based on Ukrainian 

Do you live in the country or in a city because I wanted to ask you what kind of guns are most common in the villages and is it true that most houses have some weapon?

Edited by Highlander007

Probably NATO won't be deploying shit in Ukranie. Ukranie is a corridor for Russia's gas to be sent to Europe, and Europe  is more dependent from their gas every year... remember last time Russia cut the gas supply?

Well, does making games about World War 2 is politically correct?

You are talking about being politically correct in a game where you can kill other "people", handcuff them and put sacks over their heads? Really?

Exactly.

And besides, the OP has merely suggested to look at what people are wearing/using to get some ideas for gear to implement into DayZ, not to actually make Ukraine Riot Sim 2014 or whatever.  :rolleyes:

Really impressive pictures here

What was/is happening over there is tragic and horrible for everyone involved.

I´m sure the OP is aware of this and didn´t have the intend to trivialize the situation.

Really impressive pictures here

Those are some incredible shots.

I do like how everyone is wearing motorbike or construction helmets though, how very DayZ. :D

Do you live in the country or in a city because I wanted to ask you what kind of guns are most common in the villages and is it true that most houses have some weapon?

Majority of civilian firearms are either sporting or hunting weapons to get any other firearms you need to have special permit given to police, military and security. Firearms are not as common in Ukraine as in US or other countries. To tell you the truth dayz is very real representation of Ukraine or any other ex Soviet country, the firearms you find in dayz could be found among civilian population except M4, the environment is also very similar in fact Chernogorsk is very similar to the city I am from (Dneprodzerdzhinsk) even the drink Rasputin kvas is very accurately represented.