Sign in to follow this  
loud3803

Survival Shelter Crafting

We should be able to craft makeshift survival shelters from sticks and piles of leaves or branches cut from trees.  They would help keep you warm, allow you to rest and hide you from zeds and casual observers.

base building isnt going to be implemented for awhile now. kthnxbai

Good post, I can see from your post and post count that you must have contributed a tonne to the idea generation on these forums :P

@ charlieteh - "Base Building" is likely a feature that will make it in eventually.  I never played the Arma 2 mod, but I have taken to understanding that this was a well liked feature.  I would imagine you could see anything from an impromptu shelter like you suggest, to a camp with an actual tent, to taking over entire towns with a clan and barricading them up.

But as Durrhunter so ineloquently mentions, this is probably a ways off.  The Devs first have to get things like weather and weather effects ironed out, as well as fine tune the crafting system.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

It would probably get too much like Rust.

But else a really good idea, so you can keep yourself warm.

But i'd rather build a campfire, and go under shelter o3o

It's a good idea,why not a makeshift tent/shelter,with natural materials? (branchees,leeves etc)

One_man_shelter.jpg
shelter-3.jpg

But tents are coming soon,if we add natural made ones,along with the man made ones it could work.

• Like 2

I think I missed the mark of OPs meaning. You're talking about using things like "Sticks" and maybe "Rope" to build a shelter out of natural (more or less) materials.

I dig.

OP, this is definitely a planned feature.

Were you unaware of this, or are you simply impatient?

Cheers :)

Edited by Ugly
  • Like 1

I think I missed the mark of OPs meaning. You're talking about using things like "Sticks" and maybe "Rope" to build a shelter out of natural (more or less) materials.

I dig.

OP, this is definitely a planned feature.

Were you unaware of this, or are you simply impatient?

Cheers :)

Yep, yoyu got it.  i was thinking as in addition to Basebuilding, tents and such.  It isn't in the mod, but if they want a suvivalist experience then makeshift shelters from natural materials would be a logical addition. Kind of like the backpack from sticks and a burlap sack, that was a cool addition.