Sign in to follow this  
beshere

Radio Broadcast

Hello all.

I have a suggestion to improve DayZ.

What if in all towns there will be a working radiostations that broadcast on one wave? The players can communicate with complete strangers from another parts of the Chernorus. They can exange local news and make trade and alliance agreements.

Another idea in that style - make an acoustic broadcast posts in the cities. You can enter a city and make annoncment to all who is near.

The novelty is easy to implement, and for abusers we already have a mute function. If the chat will be too hot we always can decrease the number of radiostations (only in large cities or special places like airfields, ships, military bases) or activate a limit of messages in one minute.

Edited by beshere

How do you know who talking through mic or your idea about broadcasting? How to mute that person? Either way 50% conversation of mine espc whit russians ending about how they "love" my mother etc :)

You just go to radio station or civil defence system in one on central building and turn it on to listen and talk. If somebody annoy you just press "P", select player and press mute button.

I lick windows and approve this idea,  no really this has some merit and I'd like to see it hashed out, currently the portable radio's are useless and I'd love to see something that would cause them to be a useful item.

As long as it gives some sort of (optional) long range comms, I'm for any idea in that regard.

No need to mute anyone if it relies upon a device or channel. Just turn it off or change the channel then.

I really like walkie-talkies, but I think the maximum range is limited and due to spawn / location rates they're not that common and effective.