Sign in to follow this  
hells high

Kicking for Glitching?

Hey all,

So someone that was playing on my server added me to alert me that someone was talking in global, and doing it intentionally. I joined and saw them spamming hilarious lines like "fartnipple" in typed. So I kicked them. They came back in:

zIz7zYI.jpg

So I kicked them again and they added me to Steam:

BUWxyPr.jpg

Though I'm wondering if I am actually right here. Obviously they were exploiting a broken system in the game (which will be going on the bug tracker if it isn't already) and just generally annoying the players (not to mention acting like a 4 year old), but I'd like to know others' take on this. He didn't really seem like he was doing it to gain an advantage like the rules stipulate, but he was abusing a bug.

Cheers,

HH

Edited by Hells High
  • Like 2

Saw this fa550t kid on a usa server yesterday doing the same thing. Ban him for good imo.

p.s. You did the right thing Hells High, Anyone is going to tell you that with half a brain, even the dayz team. Thanks for your time administrating btw!

Your evidence is inconclusive since you censored part of the conversation.

Sorry I'm not going to tell everyone that views the topic how to exploit an annoying glitch. Its well documented on the bug tracker and the steps to reproduce it have nothing to do with the conversation. There is no "evidence" being presented, there is asking if exploiting these types of glitches its a rightfully kickable offense. Only reason I didn't censor his name as well is because he was acting like an asshat.

Sorry I'm not going to tell everyone that views the topic how to exploit an annoying glitch. Its well documented on the bug tracker and the steps to reproduce it have nothing to do with the conversation. There is no "evidence" being presented, there is asking if exploiting these types of glitches its a rightfully kickable offense. Only reason I didn't censor his name as well is because he was acting like an asshat.

fartnipple

As per the currently posted Sever Hosting Rules: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/158966-dayz-standalone-server-hosting-rules-server-reporting/

• You can kick if players are being verbally abusive or abusing ingame bugs to gain an ingame advantage.

Glitching into Global is definately abusing an in-game bug to gain advantage, and their comment ending '... so eat shit faggot' is abusive and homophobic (if you want to get into that). So kick away and report him as well (though I don't know where you'd report a player to ATM).

Unfortunately there is no means that I know of for implementing a ban from the server, so you're pretty much going to be repeatedly kicking the player until one of you gets tired of that particular game.

• Like 1

As per the currently posted Sever Hosting Rules: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/158966-dayz-standalone-server-hosting-rules-server-reporting/

• You can kick if players are being verbally abusive or abusing ingame bugs to gain an ingame advantage.

Glitching into Global is definately abusing an in-game bug to gain advantage, and their comment ending '... so eat shit faggot' is abusive and homophobic (if you want to get into that). So kick away and report him as well (though I don't know where you'd report a player to ATM).

Unfortunately there is no means that I know of for implementing a ban from the server, so you're pretty much going to be repeatedly kicking the player until one of you gets tired of that particular game.

Pretty much this, I would see people spamming certain words in global using a exploit/bug as reasons to kick. Its just not in the rules because it should not be in game as a option and there for they dont have a rule for it.

• Like 1