Sign in to follow this  
clintmbaptiste@gmail.com

Factions and Base Raids

This game has a very Minecraft feel to it, both games plop you out in the wilderness and its up to you to survive.

Once people got to end game in Minecraft people starting banding together making factions.

- Claim Land

- Build a Base

- Gather Supplies

- Then Raid other bases!

I can see this happening in DayZ and it would seem a lot more fun here.

Can't wait till people start making faction bases!

As it's still in alpha it probably wont be for awhile, but i recon once the things like sand bags etc have properly been fixed, woohoo :'D

The only factions in this game are the ones you form with your friends, and it will stay that way.

Npc factions could be a valued addition to the game, if ppl choose to avoid pvp and just survive, then an end grind for rare weapons could be interesting.

ignore the elitists that only spout purism, every idea that doesn't detract from the core element is a good one.

Pvp always gets incentives, if you have a faction that wants 50 scrap metal for a rare gun, which 2 hours later end up in a bandits hands, well the system worked as to be expected.

I'm for anything that adds more depth without ruining the current vibe.

there are issues with this type of thing though, for example, are the npcs killable, if so, what is stopping a team of 10, from taking the base, and if they do, what happens then? do they respawn eventually? could be exploitable if not properly implemented.

The only factions in this game are the ones you form with your friends' date=' and it will stay that way.

[/quote']

Kind of true, there are always the a$$hats that join the faction, take your stuff, kill you and then leave... arg!

Build bases. I would enjoy server hopping to get inside the base, steal the loot without anyone knowing, and server hop out.

Anything is possible - no reason humanity, or some similar mechanic, couldn't persist in some form with you even after you die. If you are the guy that joins a faction and double stabs them perhaps your new character is less "trustworthy" going forward. Ways to address this.

Alternatively, you could make the NPC's enough of a challenge that a lone wolf wouldn't have much of a chance of taking out a base themselves.

Then again, if you introduce a faction system, and add a whole new level of permanence to the game, are we getting to far away from a zombie survival game and into a PvP faction war game?

Personally, I would like to see the map possibly extended further north, with higher end military complexes/labs/etc. Further north you go, tougher the zeds are (maybe even have different types that are stronger/take more damage/etc) but the better the loot. Make it so only a team of coordinated players can likely survive such an outing, but make the loot worth it. Finding repairable humvee's, higher end military gear, power generators, etc would be worth it.

"Build bases. I would enjoy server hopping to get inside the base, steal the loot without anyone knowing, and server hop out."

You might enjoy puberty too :)