robaroo

Graphics setup advice pls...

Having issues getting the graphics setup to that im comfortable with. For the record i play alot of Arma 3 and with everything on high it seems to run very smooth. Im trying to get a similar setup in Dayz but can never get it to feel right.

Arma 3 setup:

Can anyone please give me suggestion on how to setup dayz graphics to be as similar as possible as this Arma 3 setup pls?? Some of the graphics option in Arma 3 dont seem to appear in Dayz..

Edited by Robaroo

As I don't have ARMAIII to compare I'll just compare your settings here to my DayZ ones.

I see you use SMAA in there which I use myself in a lot of games but for some reason in DayZ it blurs the hell out of the image, regardless if Low or Very High, compared to FXAA (which is usually the opposite). Having said that FXAA Very High has the same blur and I can notice no diference from Low to High (they are all nice and sharp) so I just use FXAA Low.

Post Process in DayZ adds a horrid (imo) radial motion blur/dof when running so I have that disabled, although that is also the health indicator (more fullscreen blur=lower hp).

Ambient occlusion looks okay but seems to be a real performance hog in DayZ.

Textures = VMem: Auto, Detail: Very High, Filtering: Very High.

Object quality seems to have the largest effect on framerate when looking at or being in built up areas so adjust to taste - this setting is tied to scenecomplexity in the config file and is CPU intensive, there are also reports of this effecting the distance at which players are rendered....

Terrain while adjustable on the start screen, is fixed at Normal server side for now.

Clouds have varying effects on performance and also visibilty depending on time and weather situations, again adjust to taste.

Shadows Very High - with adjusted z distance of 250 in config.

View distance - config only adjust, defaults to 3000 for me, I changed to 1750 same for objects.

Hey Mate

Thanx for your great reply...Set it up as you mention and have to admit it feels alot better :)  Might even start enjoying it now hehe

Glad it helped you out. I found myself still tweaking the settings constantly to find the best framerate/visuals for any given situation.

Since you have so much GPU horsepower you could try playing with Rendering Resolution cranked up (downsampling) really improves image quailty, especially at 200%. It can have a big impact on performance depending on what's being rendered though.

Shadows on can be a tactical disadvantage but the game looks so bland without them. Have fun.