smacku2b

Shoes and Footsteps

At this point in the game the shoes are purely cosmetic. I'd like to fix that and make the type of footwear and the condition they are in to play a purpose for the game. Now lets face it, People are going to kill other people in the game. That's the way it is and I don't want that changed. But the footsteps in this game are so unrealistically loud that it's impossible to sneak up on someone or sneak away from someone. I feel that the weight of the shoe, like tennis shoes would make barely any sound at all, where as combat boots and military boots are rather heavy footwear, making your footsteps heavier and louder. I'd like to see different types of footwear create a different volume of footsteps depending on the real life weight of the shoes. Also condition could prove to be a good purpose. The worse the condition is, the louder the footsteps for that particular type of footwear. Also crouching should quiet your footsteps considerably, along with just walking. Damp footwear can make a squishy kind of noise with each step. Anyways, that's just something I'd like to see implemented.

Well, this will be implimented later I bet any money on that. Different shoes will be quieter, tougher shoes will be louder.

• Like 1

Ya I hope it becomes implemented, but I haven't seen any indication in there posts that are giving a hint of it though so I figured it wouldn't hurt to throw that idea out there.

It's really obvious. They just have gotten the sound guy, and hes started working. Give him time :p

It's really obvious. They just have gotten the sound guy, and hes started working. Give him time :P

Well to be fair I didn't really look all that much lol. I searched for footsteps and that was it lol

I would also like it if taking off your shoes indoors would remove almost all sound.

Also since there are different shoes for different purposes they should give bonuses. Like for example jungle military boots have a description that says they're suitable for humid conditions and should therefor not get damp or soaking wet as easily. Rubber boots not at all naturally. Boots or shoes that have a description saying they're made to protect the feet when walking over uneven surfaces should lower the risk of broken bones.

I would also like it if taking off your shoes indoors would remove almost all sound.

This^

There would have to be a trade off though.

Some negative to walking with them off.

How about damaged (or worse) shoes slow you down? Not to much but noticably when being chased. You wont be running as fast if you cant tie them properly because the holes ripped or if your sole is loose.

This^

There would have to be a trade off though.

Some negative to walking with them off.

foot damage is coming from what i have seen.

foot damage is coming from what i have seen.

I've heard this too. Isn't it already in?