Sign in to follow this  
tilwhatever

Battleye initialisation failed - DayZ Standalone

I have a problem with DayZ standalone.

Everytime I try to join a server i get a message which says "BattlEye initialisation failed". I tried to reinstall DayZ, downloaded the BEClient.dll from the battleye website and replaced it, let steam check for an error, run dayz as administrator, replaced the BEClient.dll with the same file from a friend - nothing changed.

I'm desperate :(
Pls help

Hi, just out of interest if your using Windows 7/Vista, Create a new user profile in windows, set to administrator and then go to your program files steam directory and run the steam application as admin, then try running DayZ, report back with results please.

Thank you very much for your answer. I'm about to try it out and will post the result in a second.

Ok, go to your User Account Control settings, and see what it's set too... The reason for this is because I found this fixed my problem, out of interest is it all servers your joining, because I found I could join Hardcore servers but not regular when I got this error message.

The top and bottom of it is. Something in your computer is not letting BattlEye have full access to folders and files to detect underlying cheat's in your PC (Even if you have none!) It's a good anti-cheat system but it has some pretty demanding requirements.

I suggest checking out the permissions the BattlEye client/Server.dll files have full permissions to write/make changes etc. on your computer. If your still stuck from there. I'm afraid I don't have any more knowledge :/ Sorry If I can't be of anymore help...

Edited by Reaperz67

Thanks for your reply again..

It's a really strange thing with the BEClient.dll. All users have full control permissions on the file but i couldn't move the file to another folder location. So i thought this could be the problem and i found a method which fixed this problem. But the error message still appeared, although everyone and everything has full rights on the file. I tried it with my user profile, i created a new administratoruser, started steam as administrator and started DayZ as administrator too but nothing helped...

The strange thing is, that every time i try the "verify game cache" in steam it says one file couldn't be checked and is requested again and it downloads the BEClient.dll again.. 

So, it seems like my system still has a problem with this file..

Edit: And no, i can't connect to a hardcore server :(

Edited by tilwhatever

Yeah, the beginning there not being able to move the file anywhere else, sounds very familiar to what it wouldn't let me do, download something called Rkill (Go to google and type in Rkill) - It's a application removing malware using the command prompt in windows - All I know is it fixes things and probably helped me somewhat fixing my problem, Run that file and wait for it to work its magic. from there on try to run DayZ I also recommend making sure the Steam application as an administrator, and making sure the files have full access privileges in there also.

Post back with results, - For anyone reading this thread thinking I'm blabber on about nonsense your probably right I'm just doing the steps that I done and miracuously it fixed my problem D:

Thank you that you try to recreate your way of fixing the problem.

But also after running rkill still nothing changed..

Thanks for your reply again..

It's a really strange thing with the BEClient.dll. All users have full control permissions on the file but i couldn't move the file to another folder location. So i thought this could be the problem and i found a method which fixed this problem. But the error message still appeared, although everyone and everything has full rights on the file. I tried it with my user profile, i created a new administratoruser, started steam as administrator and started DayZ as administrator too but nothing helped...

The strange thing is, that every time i try the "verify game cache" in steam it says one file couldn't be checked and is requested again and it downloads the BEClient.dll again.. 

So, it seems like my system still has a problem with this file..

Edit: And no, i can't connect to a hardcore server :(

Do you have some sort of security software (anti-virus, etc.) that might be blocking access to the BEClient.dll?

Deactivating my antivirus software also didn't fix the problem, i've already tried it out. 

And i've already deactivated the windows firewall too if that would be possibilty..

Damn, I'm really scraping the barrel here with idea's, another thing that you could try if you already havent was your User Account control settings,

Go to Control Panel > User Accounts > Change User account control settings.

See what the settings are on, and scroll the bar to Always Notify - This might just pull through the Be client.dll file when you start up your steam application. If you don't see any change from there, I'm completely stuck.

Just out of interest have you ever had problems running other multiplayer games for example have you ever played Arma II online? They use the same Anti-cheat I believe.

Deactivating my antivirus software also didn't fix the problem, i've already tried it out. 

And i've already deactivated the windows firewall too if that would be possibilty..

Just disabling it is bad and doesn't actually fully disable it in most cases. Please try to completely uninstall it (temporarily).

The user control settings did'nt change something.. Arma 2 i've never played but it might be that I had a similar problem with punkbuster a long time ago but i have no idea in which game. But I'm really not sure if this problem really ever existed it's only a light memory in my mind :/

Aaaand deinstalling the anti-virus software changed nothing :(

The bottom line is something in your computer is telling BattlEye you can't go in here, only I can.

I mean that could be various different things it usually indicates you probably don't even have access to those files/folders.

Out of interest can you go to [user_Profile] > AppData > browse to the steam directory in their and find the DayZ folder. Once in there, there should be another BattlEye file see if you can delete/move the client/server.dll file.

Post back with what you encounter.

There is no steam folder in there. Only a DayZ folder alone, but there are only 3 files in it:

DayZ.bidmp

DayZ.mdmp

DayZ.RPT

Edited by tilwhatever

try to delete the BattlEye Folder in DayZ folder then Verify Game Cache in steam