Sign in to follow this  
Invictuss

Recommendations for this AWESOME Game!

So, I came across this game not to long ago and I absolutely love it! There's times I'm playing and totally forget that it's still in the Alpha phase because of how amazing the game is. I do have some recommendations that I think might make the game more entertaining, help increase the longevity, and success of this game. However, before I touch on those topics, I want to apologize in advance if some of these recommendations have already been posted and answered. I don't have much time to search the forums due to personal reasons at the moment. So once again, I do apologize if I mention something that has already been addressed.

My first recommendation is having some sort of save point. Now, I know some of you may state that the whole point behind DayZ is to be on the edge of your seat and do everything you can to avoid dying and starting completely over. I feel that works at the moment because there is not a lot of items currently implemented, but may cause issues with players once the game hits the Beta phase and finished release. While the majority of players probably don't mind dying and having to completely restart at the moment (including myself), when the game brings forth more items such as bases, cars, helicopters, etc. it may completely change the mindset on some players. Especially for those that have put in a lot of game time to obtain all their items. This may eventually cause some of these players to quit or become inactive for periods of time. Some may say let them quit, but I believe we need to embrace all these players to ensure the game succeeds. In order to avoid players constantly abusing the saving feature, why not implement something that saves the game automatically every 30 minutes to an hour when a player is online. This way, a player won't abuse saving the game, yet have the ability to play a lot more aggressively as well. 

My second recommendation would be implementing multiple character profiles. Currently there are different hives used for hardcore and regular play. So essentially this allows players to have two differently characters. I think having multiple profiles can allow players to have different play styles. For example, lets say the first profile is one that allows me to play aggressively and not care about the outcome of my character. The second profile may be one that I get on when my friends or family members are on. Finally, the third profile can be one that I decide to play extremely conservative. These profiles wouldn't share weapons, location spawns, or anything else for that matter. I believe this would allow people to have more fun and maybe even play more without having to worry about dying when their friends aren't online.

The third recommendation would be to have some sort of icon that can be displayed on players you deem friendly. This way you are able to keep track of one another, and avoid being killed by someone that you assume is your buddy when in fact they are not.   

The fourth recommendation would be to implement some type of map that can be accessed. I know you can obtain maps in game, but I have only come across one in my gaming experience with DayZ. I believe the map should not give your current location, but more so be used so you can navigate where you're going or where you currently are. This allows players to actually have to search for signs and such. I find this a good recommendation because I assume people like myself are otherwise just Googling maps and tabbing in between the game and DayZ map that can be found online to navigate the region. 

These are some of the recommendations that I feel would help make the overall gaming experience of DayZ more enjoyable, especially later on in the Beta and final versions of the game. Overall, I currently enjoy the game and can't wait to see newly implemented items, ideas, and progress of DayZ. Keep up the good work!

Edited by Invictuss

Nope.jpg

Facepalm.jpg

Your suggestions go against the stated goals and designed intentions of Dayz.

• Like 3

1) Disable permadeath. Nice one. This is not WoW.

2) Why no auctionhouse and accountwide bankaccount? And again: This is not WoW.

3) Learn to communicate. Learn to fight in a tactical manner. This is not Call of Duty.

4) Learn to navigate. This is not Wasteland - Recruit.

I hope you're trolling.

1) We have tents in the Mod. So you can save your Items. I am assuming they are holding out on those.

Dont mind the troll above me lol 

2) The reason they dont have Multi profiles is so you cannot Ghost while in a fight. 

3) Friendly Icon. ( I suggested this before the game came out.  on my other account. I hope its going to be in effect soon. )

4) This is a Real life type game mode. Maps can be googled also they can be found in game ( hard to find the whole map at this point )

5) keep the recommendations comming and understand alot of people have rough lives and will pick on everything you say or do,. But in every forum for Alpha games they Pick on me for dumb Ideas then the Devs implement most if not all my ideas.. Just keep being positive mann!! 

Nice to meet you and welcome to the Forum buddy!

To the OP. I love you kid. Just wanted to say that cuz, lol, you gonna get so much grief for this, oh man. jk, it's all good. But yeah what you're saying is almost heresy (well the save point is heresy, iffy on rest).

I sympathize with your motivations; I really do. I totally sympathize when people are complaining about connection issues, hackers, game-killing bugs and all that because they got 2 kids, 'nuff said.

Clothing, my friend. No need for icons when you can identify your friends by their physique and fashion, just like real life.

Don't worry 'bout your multiple characters. Sadly you'll have too many to play soon enough when private hives take over.

Here's what I wanna know? Child zombies? Cannabalism? Growable Beards? Mutilation/Self-Mutilation? Craftable Poisons? 3 hours of heavy rain/heavy cloud cover? No looting your own body? No 24/7 daylight? That's the argument in a nutshell. How dark do you want your DayZ?