Sign in to follow this  
sombre36

Can't respawn. Please help

So I broke my legs, (don't ask how) and needed to kill myself seeing as I was a fresh spawn. Being my luck, there's no zombies around so I end up crawling to the water and falling in. And Voila, it gives it 5-10 seconds and it says "you are dead" however, I cannot press the respawn button, and when I exit and come back, I am alive again in the water with a broken leg, dying 5-10 seconds later. It's some kind of constant loop, and wondering if it can be fixed. Will uninstalling the game, and re-downloading it fix it?

Also, I left it on the "you are dead" bit for about an hour, and my hunger went down, but I'm not getting past "you are extremely hungry" showing that to be glitched too. 

Any way to respawn, or glitch it to respawn?

Any help will be appreciated

Thanks

I think, it's a known bug. 

It's a very dirty solution and I'm sorry, that I've got no better one, but: Install the experimental build (Steam->DayZ->Properities->Beta). They've fixed - I guess most - of the respawn-problems with the latest experimental patch.

Soon this build will go into stable. Yay.

Well the only good thing to tell you is that you are not alone.  I too broke my legs and crawled off of a pier into the water expecting a quick death.  Now when I respawn I spawn directly over the water next to the pier and drowned 10 - 15 seconds later.  I have logged out, logged back in, changed MANY servers and finally uninstalled - re-installed the game in its entirety.  No change.... I have changed characters (default) a few times...I don't know what the fuck to do anymore.  I have in total over 3 hours of dicking around with this and i'm pissed!  If you find a solution please post it here!  I will do the same!

Good Luck!

I did take Khad's advice and update my game to the experimental build.  That did work, I can now play again.  I have not tried to downgrade back to see if I am still stuck because I was happy just to play... Thanks Khad for the advice, at least I am playing again!