Maderas

Is there some kind of invinicibility hack, or WTF?

Seriously. I was willing to write this off the first couple times it happened, but now it's gotten to the point that it's ridiculous.

First occurrence: I'm running outside of Cherno, some guy in a ghillie suit starts chasing me and shooting at me with his pistol. I manage to pop off three Winchester shots into this guy's chest during our running gunfight through the woods, he's spurting blood everywhere like a broken ketchup bottle... still finally manages to kill me when I'm forced to stop and bandage myself to prevent death by blood loss.

Second occurrence: Running outside of Cherno with an axe at night. Some fucknugget (again in a ghillie suit) with a silenced M9 demands I stop and tell him what I'm doing or he'll shoot me. Knowing he's the same guy who tried to kill me at the apartment moments earlier (as I heard him saying "don't kill him yet" on his mic when he ran up to stop me, apparently being too stupid to realize he'd already hit CAPSLOCK), I said fuck it and buried an axe in his face. His butt-buddy was terrible at aiming and somehow only wings me with an entire clip of AK, during which time I'm able to chop his crippled friend in the head at least 4 times with the axe, but he somehow clings to life until said butt-buddy reloads and kills me.

Third occurrence: My friend dies while we're looting a downed helicopter, I head back to Chernogorsk with the Bizon SD I recovered so we can link up quickly again tomorrow. Somebody opens up on me with a silenced weapon of their own while I'm running into the apartment my friend logged out in. Not wanting to be a bitch, I go prone in the corner and wait a few minutes to see if he's going to pursue the fight. He comes inside and walks right into my line of view, eating at least a solid second of sustained full auto fire (like 10-15 bullets minimum, Bizon has like 60 something bullets to a clip) to the chest before he swivels around and kills me instantly. I spawn in Cherno and opt to run back and check the apartments, thinking that surely the dude must have died from blood loss immediately after killing me... nope. He's still camping the roof with nary a care in the world, sniping every weaponless random he sees.

Fourth occurence: Pretty much the same shit as above, only this time I only have an M1911 and I'm trying to hide behind a cabinet in the restaraunt in Elektro. Two PKers are murdering everybody in the street, when they come in to investigate I pop one in the head with 3-4 shots when he comes around the corner and spots me, he shoots me once with his sniper rifle and I die instantly, my screen filled with the sight of his head spraying blood all over like a power sprinkler.

At this point I'm half convinced there's a fucking godmode hack floating around along with all the lolnuke and teleport crap that's already going on. Every time I've been shot by a gun larger than a Makarov I either get crippled and go into shock or my character just instantly dies. I've likewise got into firefights with legit players who actually died in a similar manner when I was able to score a hit on them. How is it then that some of these players are bullet sponges? Are they cheating? Does having a high latency make you essentially invulnerable unless you get hit 50 times? I'm leaning towards the former, as I notice it's usually the douchenozzles loaded with military gear who come to Cherno with the express purpose of shooting unarmed survivors who are mysteriously impossible to kill, and those are exactly the type of people I'd expect to be using hacks in the first place.

Was gonna reply with the usual "it's prolly lag" comment, but after the other night i'm not so sure, three friends open up on a prone guy, he's hit by AK rounds, shotgun shells and pistol rounds, all at close range and all in the head area...

Prone guys shoots and kills all three survivors stands up and walks away!

Invincibility hacks are nothing new in ArmA, they have been floating around for a long time. Try to get the player info and report them.

Has happened to me several times. Shot a guy 5 times in the head with an AKM, had it on single fire, good trigger cadence. Saw all 5 shots land, he aims and fires 1 time, I die. About a week later, I dump about half a mag from a AK74 Kobra into a guy with what looks like a winchester and he's still somehow able to move across a doorway turn a 180 and fire a single shot at me to kill me.

Yeah, I was on a server... Got shot, then my friend said he shot the guy... Ran behind the tree where his body was suppossed to be but it wasn't there? No clue...

Yeah' date=' I was on a server... Got shot, then my friend said he shot the guy... Ran behind the tree where his body was suppossed to be but it wasn't there? No clue...

[/quote']

Insta DC prolly ALT F4

happens alot

Pressing RESPAWN button will erase your dead body instantly.

I saw one more trick, I noticed some sniper rotating on the rock, i shot at him from as50, in the same second sniper dissapear. How is it possible to react so fast? I think it's script, if you are being hit you disconnect. But i think when he will connect he will surely die cos of massive damage inflicted.

I had one similar experience a couple days back. I was in a apartment building in berez, waiting for an bandit to come up the stairs ( I know he was hunting me). Then I see him and I open fire with my ak-74 and fire about 10 bullets into him. He turns and shoots a short burst at me with his m4 and I die instantly.

Almost made me quit playing this mod.

me: We've survived by hiding from them, by running from them. But they are the gatekeepers. They are guarding all the loot spots, they are holding all the guns/vehicals. Which means that sooner or later, someone is going to have to fight them.

noob: Someone?

me: I've seen zombies punch through a concrete wall; men have emptied entire clips at bandits and hit nothing but air; yet, their strength, and their speed, are still based in a world that is built on rules. Because of that, they will never be as strong, or as fast, as *you* can be.

I'm afraid to say its apparently rampant again.. I've given up and moved inland it appears there are less superhumans wandering the woods :)

I'm sure they will get to fixing it, eventually :)

If you look at the video description of the first video link in Sem's response the posters says he was playing with version 1.7.1.5. At the end of the video you can see his Arma2 CO version number is 1.60.87580. I am pretty sure DayZ v1.7.1.5 requires Arma2 Co to be beta patched to version to be 1.60.93825 or higher.